Turtle Wax Seal & Shine On Top of Ice or Vice-Versa ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two coats of Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax on the paint of my new car, applied after using a Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 to clay the surface first. So far it looks and performs pretty well.

I decided to try the Turtle Wax Ice product too, and mistakenly bought the TW Ice Spray Wax in the blue bottle instead of the TW Ice Seal and Shine. The Ice Spray Wax went on easily and the car looks good. But I want to try the Seal & Shine product.

Will there be any issues with the different products reacting with each other if I apply a coat or two of TW Seal and Shine on top of the other waxes after the next wash ? Or should I wash the car with Dawn dish soap and start over again with the TW Seal & Shine ?

You don't want to apply a sealant on top of a sealant, especially from two different brands/chemistries. The Seal N Shine should be applied after clay/polish. Then apply a wax (ICE Spray Wax) on top if you want. The new TW product line looks even better.

Originally Posted by Dwight_Frye
Will there be any issues with the different products reacting with each other if I apply a coat or two of TW Seal and Shine on top of the other waxes after the next wash ?

You would probably have to ask a chemical engineer who knows the proprietary ingredients in each product. Layering those products isn't like putting on coats of paint. One wax may dissolve and displace the other, even when from the same manufacturer, so you could be just wasting time. Why not wait until it stops beading water and then do it.

Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
Seal and shine (sealant) needs to go on bare paint.

Spray wax can go on top of sealant or wax.

So are you implying Seal N Shine cannot be used on the next car wash?

It sounds like if I wish to evaluate the TW Seal & Shine I need to strip the existing TW Ice Wax and the Meguiars Ceramic wax off and start with clean paint again. I guess I'll wait until the products I have already applied show signs of diminished effectiveness before I go to all that trouble.

Originally Posted by Brian553
I'm pretty sure its
ceramic, then sealant (syn wax), then carnauba (natural wax).
no?

One would not use both ceramic and polymer sealant together. Too much chance for incompatibility.

Using carnauba wax on top of either one is okay.

I have just stuck to washing and then applying the TW ceramic coating over the previous TW ceramic coating I applied some weeks before - seems to work well , so no need for wax top coat that I could see ?

Originally Posted by Dwight_Frye
It sounds like if I wish to evaluate the TW Seal & Shine I need to strip the existing TW Ice Wax and the Meguiars Ceramic wax off and start with clean paint again. I guess I'll wait until the products I have already applied show signs of diminished effectiveness before I go to all that trouble.

If you decide to do that, do an IPA wipe down.

https://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/ask-a-pro-the-isopropyl-alcohol-ipa-wipedown/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back