Turtle Wax - Ice Spray Wax: UV Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Originally Posted By: Jaha24k
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Claiming is one thing, and that's all well and good, but how does it really compare in a real world environment? Also, just because Megs doesn't claim it on their D156/UQW product doesn't mean it isn't providing some kind of protection.

FWIW.. this car gets 'properly' waxed 2-3 times per year, but otherwise just gets a light spray 'wax' treatment after each wash, most of the time with D156. It also gets parked outside 24/7/365 in Phoenix.. 115+ heat in the summer, full sun, dust storms, etc..

full-64489-27894-full1.jpg

The Megs D156 must be doing something right...

Having said that, however, Turtle Wax Ice products are excellent products. Heck, I actually have a couple Ice products. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you.
thumbsup2.gif

Looks awesome. What does the d156 smell like? I love the smell of uqw. Also, y r the center caps of ur rims removed?

Thanks! My one complaint about the D156 is that it DOESN'T smell like the UQW.. I LOVE the smell of UQW. D156 has a citrus-y smell.. kind of orange-ish. It's still nice, but nowhere near as good as the smell of the UQW.

The center caps are off because they're 'rare' nowadays.. like, you can only buy them through aftermarket channels. For example, they're $36 apiece on Amazon now. I've had 2 stolen over the past 18 months, so after the 2nd one was stolen, I bought one to replace it, and then took the remaining 3 off. All 4 are now securely tucked away in my tool chest in my garage.

Which reminds me - I just got new rims put on this past weekend, so I need to take new pics with the new rims.

Does the wax/spray wax stain the black pillars between your windows and the black trim at the bass of your side mirrors?

I wax with Turtle Wax green container wax 3 times a year. Between the wax jobs I spray the vehicle and dry them off using the wax and dry product when I wash the vehicles. I think I could be waxing the vehicles 2 times a year. When I wax there is still active beading of water. I do it the third time because I see the beading is a lot less on the hood and roof area compared to sides and backs on the vehicles. I have used the Ice product but just like the green container product better I guess. Plus last time I went to buy and try the Ice product again WM did not have it in stock.

Last edited:
I think the ICE Spray Wax is a very good product - not sure if it last three months (as I use it more frequently) but it might !
ICE can be used on trim as well as glass which I like - good shine , protection and ease of use , I have not found any negatives yet !

So it's back to the world standard Turtle Wax product line. I read these same comments all the time. People are tired of wasting large sums of money on products that don't deliver.

slomo

Originally Posted by slomo
So it's back to the world standard Turtle Wax product line. I read these same comments all the time. People are tired of wasting large sums of money on products that don't deliver.

slomo

^This
ICE products are solid. I've tried meguiars and they are good, but I actually like ICE better...no particular reason, I just think they they work well, I can find them every where, and they are cheap. Oh, and the liquid ICE sealant lasts longer than Meguiars Ultimate, IME.

My assumption is that any and all claims of UV protection are bull.

If I did believe them, I would assume that the UV protection is considerably shorter than the film life on the vehicle.

Originally Posted by jimbrewer
My assumption is that any and all claims of UV protection are bull.

If I did believe them, I would assume that the UV protection is considerably shorter than the film life on the vehicle.

I know, if it only costs more, would be easier to believe. Fact is it's hard to trump the world standard Turtle Wax line.

slomo

Originally Posted by slomo
[Fact is it's hard to trump the world standard Turtle Wax line.

slomo

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Joke of the day.

I've got a cheap Wal-Mart American flag sticker on my older Jeep. The sticker is at least 8 years old and probably is closer to 10. Every time I polish the Jeep with Turtle Wax Ice, I go over that decal. It does not appear to have faded at all and has no cracking. It looks just like it did when new.

Believe what you want about UV protection, but there's no way that flag sticker looks this good without UV protection after all those years in the sun. No way.

I first used the Lucas bubble gum scented spray polymer after washing my vehicles then switched to Turtle Wax Ice spray wax as it was similar in that you could use it on trim , glass , etc. with no staining , white residue , etc. I find the Turtle wax Ice spray to last longer than the Lucas spray polymer wax . I apply the Turtle Was Ice spray wax over Meg's Ultimate Liquid wax (which I apply two to three times per year) after a clay job then Meg's ultimate polish .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back