Turtle Wax Ceramic leaving streaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title says it all. The bad part is I can't remove them! Washing does nothing, I have to break out polish to get rid of them. Whats the deal? It's just a spray on product!

Having said that, I will continue to use it as I don't notice the streaking on my white Honda. I only notice it on the hood of the Jetta (platinum grey metallic). It's not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance. I noticed the Turtle Wax Seal and Shine has the same result. Has anyone else noticed this?

Heard about this issue but have not used product yet. Are you using it when drying car or spraying on and rinsing off? Curious as well.

Originally Posted by mbacfp
Heard about this issue but have not used product yet. Are you using it when drying car or spraying on and rinsing off? Curious as well.

Wash and dry car, then apply the Turtle Wax with a microfiber.

Turtle Wax Seal N Shine streaks for sure, but a damp or wet microfiber wipe, followed by a dry one, gets rid of the streaks, or just washing it does the same. Maybe Seal N Shine is still the top dog?

Originally Posted by gregk24
Title says it all. The bad part is I can't remove them! Washing does nothing, I have to break out polish to get rid of them. Whats the deal? It's just a spray on product!

Having said that, I will continue to use it as I don't notice the streaking on my white Honda. I only notice it on the hood of the Jetta (platinum grey metallic). It's not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance. I noticed the Turtle Wax Seal and Shine has the same result. Has anyone else noticed this?

It's what is with the 'spray and wipe' products. Rather I'd use a nitrile glove spray and spread with the glove to thin the application out and then wipe actually using less product as spreading will stretch things out. It depend on the car surface how well it's been prep. Not all surface are equal thus the product may not produce the same results. I'm thinking it's not stretch spreading with the wipe what the product is asking to do. ALSO on glass it's not like car surface you may have a lot of sticking so the product is not spreading like it should when wiping. Spray a little use a glove and spread and stretch the spray and wipe. You need to do this quickly.

I think I'm on the right track.

Originally Posted by Mamala Bay

It's what is with the 'spray and wipe' products. Rather I'd use a nitrile glove spray and spread with the glove to thin the application out and then wipe actually using less product as spreading will stretch things out. It depend on the car surface how well it's been prep. Not all surface are equal thus the product may not produce the same results. I'm thinking it's not stretch spreading with the wipe what the product is asking to do. ALSO on glass it's not like car surface you may have a lot of sticking so the product is not spreading like it should when wiping. Spray a little use a glove and spread and stretch the spray and wipe. You need to do this quickly.

I have never heard of this technique. It sounds like it would leave a nasty mess behind.

Reactions: MM8
Originally Posted by Mamala Bay

I have never heard of this technique. It sounds like it would leave a nasty mess behind.

Nah I TESTED it out on different surfaces. I read about the streaking. Glass are more prone to streaking like I said surface on glass tend to stick. Rather spray the solution on the glove and than spread it hard a thin film and wipe.

Using too much product can cause streaks. Also shake well before using and during use. It's possible that a older bottle might not be thoroughly mixed if it has sat for a while.

Depends on wether product is sprayed directly on the panel and then wiped or sprayed on the applicator/towel and then wiped.

I prefer spraying the "spreading media" to avoid overdoing one section on the panel thus resulting in streaks. I binned all my "applicator sponges" due to change in working manner.

Towel folded twice offers ease of use by flipping to a dry side to buff to a shine without having to change the towel.

Markus

Another thought is to work in smaller sections. Spray a small amount, spread immediately with the microfiber towel and then use a dry microfiber to buff. Move in to the next section and watch for overspray.

I posted awhile back after I bought a ton of spray wax on AAP Clearance and have had better luck with application and shine to apply slightly damp. I get free micrifiber rags from CarWashClub and mist onto it and surface and wipe in. I've never done it after drying car though either. Looking outside apparently my method has worked as the freezing rain and ice cant hold on. I have noticed hazy if it gets on glass.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Using too much product can cause streaks. Also shake well before using and during use. It's possible that a older bottle might not be thoroughly mixed if it has sat for a while.

Good suggestion, but I do shake well before and during use.

Another thought is to work in smaller sections. Spray a small amount, spread immediately with the microfiber towel and then use a dry microfiber to buff. Move in to the next section and watch for overspray.

+1, and the only other thing I thought was using the product in the hot FL sun might cause streaking.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver

+1, and the only other thing I thought was using the product in the hot FL sun might cause streaking.

ðŸ‘ðŸ»

In cases like that, dampening the microfiber very slightly with water will help but you still have to move quickly.

I like to spray down the whole car and come back and wipe down, no streaking and the shine is outstanding.
cheers3.gif

Fold your towel into quarters, preferably a short-nap one. Prime the towel with two sprays so that the towel is somewhat damp. Then spray the product onto the surface. Follow up with a second dry towel. Work small sections at a time. Never apply outdoors or when the painted surface feels warm.

This is the typical SOP for finicky "ceramic" type spray products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back