Troybilt tb22ec refuses to run correctly

I replaced the carbuerator, spark plug, fuel lines, and carbuerator gaskets where it mounts to the engine. This thing refuses to run correctly every single one of these weedeaters I get that somebody wants me to fix for them never run right. But this one is by far the worst. I have to have the air/fuel high and low screws all of the way down for it to barely run and when it's cold it revs all of the way up then when it gets hot it starts bogging and stalling at idle and revved up and it keeps sputtering almost like a misfire. And no matter how I position the choke it never makes a difference either. And if I try to move the carbuerator adjustment screws at all it refuses to even start at all.

That was the first thing I tried I can't even adjust the screws any I have to have them bottomed completey out before the machine will even barely run if I try to adjust them out at all it just stalls immediately.

The best thing I did with my Troy Bilt trimmer was bend it in a "U" and stuff it in the garbage can. No man should have to deal with a piece of excrement like that. Bought a Stihl with an adjustable carburetor and have been happy ever since.

I bought a Troy Bilt 4 cycle Trimmer in 2017 after my neighbor broke my 11 year old 2 cycle Craftsman and did a half-hearted attempt at fixing it that lasted all of 20 minutes.
I regret buying the Troy Bilt as the pull cord mechanism broke early in the Spring of 2018 under easy use and now I have to start it with a drill bit. Now, this year I couldn't get it to run right. My parents use a lawn service, so I took their 1995 Stihl 2 cycle that hasn't been run since the Bush administration and it fired right up and runs like a champ. I'll never buy another Box store trimmer.

I bought a 4-stroke Troy-Bilt trimmer in 2017-- didn't need it is a trimmer (already have an Echo SRM-266), but it could take attachments like my cultivator.

By far the worst OPE purchase I've ever made. I spent $260 on it (most expensive one they had, I did that for a reason, so I didn't get junk) which was $40 shy of my Echo trimmer. I got about 5% of the quality of the Echo trimmer. Thing lasted a few months before the pull mechanism broke. Jerry-rigged that, now it dies randomly when hot. Tried replacing carb and all that jazz, it's just a POS. Leaks oil like a sieve. I finally turned it into a test experiment where I throw all kinds of weird oil in it (like gear oil, power steering fluid, etc) till I get it to blow up and can feel good about tossing it in the rubbish. Doesn't have many miles left to go, burns oil real good now, doubles as a mosquito fogger.

Back