Trans filter 6L80

ACDelco 24236933 Professional Automatic Transmission Fluid Filter Kit

I bought one this summer from Amazon for $25 and had it Prime delivered in two days. Just checked before posting this reply and it is now $45. Could be the the pricing game Amazon appears to be playing now a days. Good luck.

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
If your 6L80E has the factory rubber gasket do not damage it. It is very reusable and much better than the cork cheapies...

+1, I remember in the old days the first time I had an experience with a 1-piece 302/5.0 pan gasket, compared to the half-moons and cork strips. Not only was it super simple and no leaks, the rubber gaskets most always have metal grommets in them to prevent over-tightening the bolts. Be gentle, take your time, and save yourself cost and leak potential by reusing the factory rubber.

Originally Posted by WiskyBadger
Was wondering which filter and gasket pack people have been having good luck with for Chevy 6L80s. Tia

You often get the gasket with the filter but if its a cheap cork one ditch it for a Felpro. WIX filter or OEM filter.

The gasket may not need to be replaced but be prepared with one.

Install a Magnefine inline filter and pretty much forget about changing the one in the transmission.

I purchased a GM OE filter from Rock Auto for my 6L90. No complaints. It’s true the seal assembly is a bear to remove. In my 6L90, ( not sure how different it is to a 6L80), the seal is recessed quite a ways in and it’s hard to get the old seal out. Then you need to drive the new seal in. ( a properly sized socket works). Next time I might just leave the old one in.

If your 6L80E has the factory rubber gasket do not damage it. It is very reusable and much better than the cork cheapies...
I like the reuasble ones, but an aquaintance of mine you is a tranny builder likes the cork ones better, asked him why, he said he can tell if it has been changed or not. In other words, evidence of a filter change.

Back