Toyota Venza V6 0w-20 Idemitsu and PC

Did a drain and fill with 10K mi on the Fram Ultra Filter. Unfortunately the car sat garaged from March to July since I was working from home. Normally, I change the oil in early Spring in March/April. The Fe is 1-2 ppm higher and the viscosity is on the low side end without oil dilution.

PC data was also slightly higher.

I will change the filter and oil at 15K.

Attachments

• OilReports.aspx.pdf
    56.9 KB · Views: 237
Well with VI @ 209 you will get some shearing . I rather use a PCMO with much lower VI

Here in the NE US, there have several days that I drove in the upper 90s. Filled it with 5qts of 0w-20 PUP and 1qt of Idemistu left in the oil filter.

What caused the oil to shear? Toyota V6 are usually easy on the oil. Never had any issues before in the last 100k miles. I run an UOA every OC @ Blackstone or Fabrik Cat.

The only I did was changed two ignition coils ( no reason except for 100K mil no check engine light either), installed a new Toyota pvc, and added Stabil Marine blue fuel stabilizer 1.5 ounces once.

Last edited:
Holy moly that shearing!
Look at my UOA, same engine after 10K. That shearing is really concerning.

Attachments

• 15 SIENNA-UOA-2019.pdf
    22 KB · Views: 51
Ultra #3 in the info below is the Ultra from this thread. Patrick0525 can elaborate more on any of his other PCs shown in the info below.

Patrick0525 PC Data.JPG

Ultra #3 in the info below is the Ultra from this thread. Patrick0525 can elaborate more on any of his other PCs shown in the info below.

View attachment 26273

So far there has been three different runs #1-#3 of the XG9972 on the Toyota Venza. All drain and fill at 5K and PC at 10K . They kind of all look similar at 21u.

#4 is 4K mi OC and PC from 09 Lexus ES350.

Thank you ZeeOSix for the plots.

So far there has been three different runs #1-#3 of the XG9972 on the Toyota Venza. All drain and fill at 5K and PC at 10K . They kind of all look similar at 21u.

#4 is 4K mi OC and PC from 09 Lexus ES350.

Thank you ZeeOSix for the plots.
What caused the oil to shear? Toyota V6 are usually easy on the oil. Never had any issues before in the last 100k miles. I run an UOA every OC @ Blackstone or Fabrik Cat.

The only I did was changed two ignition coils ( no reason except for 100K mil no check engine light either), installed a new Toyota pvc, and added Stabil Marine blue fuel stabilizer 1.5 ounces once.
Hard to say, but perhaps Idemitsu is using lower-quality VII's that are more prone to breakdown?

This can be an issue, especially for deposits.

Hard to say, but perhaps Idemitsu is using lower-quality VII's that are more prone to breakdown?

This can be an issue, especially for deposits.

That’s a good guess. I bought 2 5qt Idemitsu jugs 3yrs ago and the OC viscosity was lower than PU viscosity despite operating through May-Aug timeframe. I bought another 2 5qt Idemitsu jugs and this is third OC and obviously I am not happy,

This time I filled it with 5qts of PUP.

Back