Toyota Dieselgate

This is an odd admission. The testbed ecus provided data that had less variation and smoothness. The production ecus are lacking that, but output, performance, and emissions are unchanged and meet spec.

Toyota hasn't sold a diesel powered passenger vehicle in the US since the 1986 model year, and Daihatsu passenger vehicles have not been sold in the US since 1992. Every vehicle manufactured with Takata air bags from every manufacturer have been recalled, and now we are on round 2 of the recalls, which are recalls replacing the replacement air bags.
Other than blatant Toyota bashing, I don't get what the point of this thread is.

• Haha
Reactions: D60
Toyota hasn't sold a diesel powered passenger vehicle in the US since the 1986 model year, and Daihatsu passenger vehicles have not been sold in the US since 1992. Every vehicle manufactured with Takata air bags from every manufacturer have been recalled, and now we are on round 2 of the recalls, which are recalls replacing the replacement air bags.
Other than blatant Toyota bashing, I don't get what the point of this thread is.
The world is bigger than the USA and Canada.

Since debacle with 2.2 D-4D engines, Toyota outsources majority of diesel engines development and production. Until recently most of their small diesels for developed countries were coming from BMW. Here it is another company that messed up, and didn’t do their due diligence.

My airbags hadn’t been replaced because Honda stealership had been given every reason possible not to do the work. I am now worried that if they ever decide to do the work, they would sabotage my car. Ok sale dept but horrible service dept.

Yes I think this is much ado. Maybe it will expand, but as of right now "Toyota has also re-verified the mass-produced products manufactured at the plant and confirmed that the affected engines and vehicles meet engine performance output standards" and it was their own in house testing that found it, not regulators. So it doesn't meet their own power levels they spec is the way I read it, but it does meet emissions standards.

I presume rebels in the middle east currently driving overloaded Hilux trucks will still think its OK.

Back