Towing brake pads/rotors for F250 pick up

A buddy of mine tows a horse trailer with a 2003 Ford F250 diesel pickup truck. He says that
it is losing brake ability while stopping on a long decline. He can't recall what was used before
on the last brake job. He is getting real anxious about the brake performance. I do not know
the total weight of his rig,but his horse trailer is a heavy 30 footer plus a large horse.
Can anyone lead us in the right direction please?
Thanks

If he's asking you what to buy, he's obviously not mechanically inclined.
Brakes in good working order on that trailer should slow the truck down.

Someone should inspect the brakes on his trailer and make sure the brake controller and brakes on the truck are in good order, too.
It seems there are far, far too many people that overlook proper maintenance and repair on trailers.

So don't suggest what parts and gloss over the real issue could be the trailer.

Agreed on all - definitely check out the trailer brakes. Are they surge? Electric? Electric/hydraulic? The wiring on these things gets beat to heck and the systems themselves are crude at best. a good controller is worth the money. Prodigy P3 was my favorite aftermarket model.

raybestos element3 pads are my favorite, but truthfully the vehicle should not require excellent pads to meet spec. Also consider brake booster or booster pump issues if he’s getting a stiff pedal.

Great answers so far. If he actually gets all the other stuff sorted out I would recommend “Power Stop Z36” rotors and pads

Back