Touring tires for my Accord

Yokohama’s aren’t typically bad tires. They used to be my favorite value/good tire that’s not expensive till continental. If yours are loud, are they cupped? That’s usually lack of maintenance, rotations, and or out of alignment. I’ve had many sets, only one was loud if I left a car parked too long and they flat spotted, but that would fix itself within a few miles.

Since your TOP criteria is quiet & ride, I recommend the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus...which still perform very well.

The Altima in my signature came OE with Michelin Primacy MXV4 "V" speed rated(215-55-17) and they may have been the quietest, best riding tire I've ever owned. I just replaced them in MAY 2020 with Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season PLUS in "V" also. I've had the P7s, in other sizes & on other vehicles and I like'em!. The P7 A/S PLUS are right there in terms of quiet & ride as the Michelin Primacy MXV4.

The TireRack currently has the Cinturato P7 A/S PLUS(1st gen) your size on close out for $126ish/per tire. That is what I bought. However, they also have the P7 A/S PLUS II(2nd gen) but at a higher price. The P7s have been a go to tire for me as well as other tires but you were asking about QUIET & RIDE!

Pirelli has different levels of P7s.
Keep in mind that the P7s that I am talking about are the Cinturato P7 A/S PLUS not the P7 UHP[Run Flat] that Slack linked.

Last edited:
Yokohama’s aren’t typically bad tires. They used to be my favorite value/good tire that’s not expensive till continental. If yours are loud, are they cupped? That’s usually lack of maintenance, rotations, and or out of alignment. I’ve had many sets, only one was loud if I left a car parked too long and they flat spotted, but that would fix itself within a few miles.
They're in perfect shape other than that screw. The Yokohamas were loud on my 3000GT's too (they both came with them).

I've currently got 2 Kumho Solus TA11's 70K mile warranty on my Versa with 2 more in my storage building ready to go on when the other 2 tires wear out in few more thousand miles. I got a great deal on the 2 I have in the storage building. I got both tires new for under $100. which is the reason I bought them ahead of time. I really can't speak to how quiet they are because the Versa is not a very quiet car. I've had the Kumho tires on it about 14K miles and they're wearing great so far. My Versa wears 185/65-15's, they're available on eBay for $61. each with free shipping. I used to run Kumho's years ago and they always wore good and lasted approximately whatever the mileage rating of the tire was.

Since your TOP criteria is quiet & ride, I recommend the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus...which still perform very well.

-snip-

Pirelli has different levels of P7s.
Keep in mind that the P7s that I am talking about are the Cinturato P7 A/S PLUS not the P7 UHP[Run Flat] that Slack linked.

The ones I linked are not runflats, but they are summer tires. Yes, the P7 is made in both summer and all-season. Both are available as both runflat and non-runflat, so there are 4 versions total! You will see several entries for the P7 in the same tire size because there's summer, all-season, runflat, and OE tires for Audi, Jaguar, BMW, etc. and different speed ratings too.

The summer version should be quieter than the all-season because it has smoother tread with no sipes. I Know that not all summer tires are quiet, but a summer vs all-season version of the same tire should be.

Pirelli's part number for the tires I linked to is 1898700. They seem to be the Audi version.

I did some investigation to confirm the part number and the tiers I linked to are indeed not runflat. Here is a picture of the label for 1898700 that I found on Google:
5587726894794b3d7f8b45c4

I also found a current eBay listing of a version that is runflat, and the label is clearly marked R/F:
Here is the link

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Understood!
But the site that did come up showed this size and stated RF. That's why I mentioned it.

PIRELLI CINTURATO P7

View all 225/50R-17 Tires
(6)
  • Part Number: 1898700
  • Service Description:94 Y
  • UTQG: 260AAA
  • Sidewall: BW
  • Load Range: SL
  • Type: Passenger UHP
  • Features: Runflat

Last edited:
Understood!
But the site that did come up showed this size and stated RF. That's why I mentioned it.

Don't worry. I don't blame you. I had to double check myself :)

Pirelli seems to be the worst at this! It is very easy to confuse, and there are a bunch of different versions of seemingly the same tire.

I also failed to mention that there are separate summer and A/S versions of the P7, which I should have pointed out. Thank you for that :)

These are the new ( fall of '19 ) UNIROYAL Tiger Paw Touring A/S . Make sure the A/S is in the title . The 225/50R-17s' H rated start at 11.5 for tread depth and can be purchased for $103 or less . The H - rated 94 manufacture part # is H72618 . The V-rated 99 is also available in your size . V -rated Part # is 00864 .
IMG_3823.JPG
IMG_3824.JPG
IMG_3826.JPG
IMG_3827.JPG

Last edited:
I’m a big fan of the Pirelli Cinturato P7. Have them on the front of my Genesis.

I was also pretty happy with the Continental True Contact Tour on my Sonata.

Just the front? Not the back? :D
Are they the all-season or summer P7?
All Season. Yes my tires are staggered and they don't make them for the rear unfortunately. I had a good matching set but last summer I hit a pothole and lost a front tire, I wanted a matching pair. I got Discount Tire to take $60 a tire off price matching Amazon for the Pirelli's, which was a steal of a deal. 70,000 mile treadwear warranty which means 35,000 since my tires are staggered.

The rears wear fast, I'm at 12,300 miles on the rears and I'm at the wear bars.

I really enjoy the handling of the Mich A/S3, but they ride harsh and are noisy. This time I installed the Goodyear Exhilerate, the ride is so much better, and they are much quieter, with only a small trade off in handling.

Back