Torrence not running Pomona this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to be there either. For my own reasons.

I talked to one of his crew members, I know what he said, but it's not my place to expound.

Lets just say that there's a reason there isn't a full field of TF/D's there.

I will be there Saturday. Lots of speculation on FB saying it was a 1 race ban from the NHRA and it is just being spun to look better. Also hearing they don't like the new Countdown rules.

I will say that I am a fan of his, but not a fan of what happened at the Finals last year. I think the punishment did not fit the crime.

It is nice to see Alexis Dejoria back in Funny Car.

I too like the Texas capco bunch! I hope Steve learned what not to do on this deal, and I hope they have a good year!

We had a blast yesterday. We watched all the pro classes in Q3. My mom teetered out with all the clean-ups, but she really enjoyed it. We stopped at the In N Out Burger Company Store on the way home, didn't even realize that was a thing.

I didn't realize that Leah Pruett filed for divorce. I thought the announcers were just messing up the name all day.

One question, I might know the answer but I wanted to make sure. Between the nitro runs, both Top Fuel and Funny Car, there is a gentleman that walks out on track and puts a device down and turns a lever. Is he checking the grip level on the asphalt? I thought I heard that on one of the tech pieces on TV a few years ago but wanted to make sure.

Also super pumped to see Alexis Dejoria back out there. I have admired her dad and all he has done for a long time.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
We had a blast yesterday. We watched all the pro classes in Q3. My mom teetered out with all the clean-ups, but she really enjoyed it. We stopped at the In N Out Burger Company Store on the way home, didn't even realize that was a thing.

I didn't realize that Leah Pruett filed for divorce. I thought the announcers were just messing up the name all day.

One question, I might know the answer but I wanted to make sure. Between the nitro runs, both Top Fuel and Funny Car, there is a gentleman that walks out on track and puts a device down and turns a lever. Is he checking the grip level on the asphalt? I thought I heard that on one of the tech pieces on TV a few years ago but wanted to make sure.

Also super pumped to see Alexis Dejoria back out there. I have admired her dad and all he has done for a long time.

You are right about the guys walking out and checking the grip of the track with that little device. Turn the screw and see how much force it takes to make it let go.

Leah filed for divorce last summer.

Glad you enjoyed it. I'll likely be back out there in some capacity at some point. I had friends calling all weekend asking where I was.

Someone posted this to the Reddit NHRA page. I admit I laughed.

SS8mZAerNY-QDkTerLVw_75Cax8qhjjif-UAYteQu5E.jpg

Ah ha ha.good one. I guess time will tell if he learns from this huge mistake or not.
I still have a lot of respect for that Texas team though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back