toro super recycler with b&s engine HomeDepot

Status
Not open for further replies.
the briggs intec ohv is junk. the jury is out on the professional series but so far so good for my use. I wish they would bring back the old quantum. reliable as a rock. except he later auto choke carbs.

Originally Posted by super20dan
the briggs intec ohv is junk. the jury is out on the professional series but so far so good for my use. I wish they would bring back the old quantum. reliable as a rock. except he later auto choke carbs.

Ummm.......what do you think the "Professional Series" is? It's an Intek engine, just with another name. Go look up parts and compare, such as piston, cranks, rod, etc.

What problems the Intek engine is having? I watch a video about the plastic carbs on them. Looks like you have to ream out one of
the jets on them but once you do that they seem to work good. No idea on long term use of a plastic carb. Any thing else about the engine?

the compression release system breaks its happened to 8 out the 10 I have owned. I have only had the 1 professional series one a very short time but it runs and starts better than any of the intecs I have owned. only had one intec run long enough to wear its rings out and start smoking. briggs quality isn't what it once was . I am using these engines in a commercial setting so any problems will show up. the old 1 cyl brigs flat head was the bomb. I have one 14 hp that ingested its throttle shaft screw twice and still runs great

I have a B&S Intek V-Twin 21hp on a mower - been running every year since 2003 with no issues....

Originally Posted by tundraotto
I have a B&S Intek V-Twin 21hp on a mower - been running every year since 2003 with no issues....

I have a Toro Suprerecycler that I bought back in 1998 that I used commercially for 15 years. Make sure you put a fuel filter on this machine and either run it out of gas at the end of the season or put true fuel in it. These Briggs engines need more tlc than Honda and Kawasakis, thats JMO from experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back