Top Christmas toys from the 60's/70's

Cox PT-19 control line airplane:

th-1569127420.jpg

Source:

Remember the look of those slot cars (#18 + #24) in their TV commercials! They never flew off the track.
Zoom-zoom

I recall the debut of GI Joes. I must confess to reacting to them as if they were dolls.
Please, don't think me judgmental. If you got a GI Barbie, I hope you enjoyed it.

Legos and Tonkas. All my Tonkas and other toys, in a toybox my dad made, I sold as a package deal on Craigslist. A father bought it all for his kids to play with at their cabin. Talk about Xmas in July!!! I still have all my Legos, but am going to sell them...sometime. There are a couple Lego places in town that buy old sets so I'll have to look into that. I might have to build everything and take pictures as proof. That alone will take a few days!

and the Radio Flyer wagon from the late 60's to early 70's, I don't remember. I still have mine sitting in a barn.
Thank you for correcting that, it was the Radio Flyer that I had. Probably my all time favorite gift next to my first Huffy.
I recall the debut of GI Joes. I must confess to reacting to them as if they were dolls.
Please, don't think me judgmental. If you got a GI Barbie, I hope you enjoyed it.
I had to laugh at this. I would get angry because my older sister would confiscate my GI Joe and make him "date" her Barbies. I probably had the only GI Joe that got some "action" on a daily basis. 🫣

Bought this several years ago for my grandkids, remembering how much fun it was for me. I didn’t expect it to have the same quality as those made then however aside from the cheapened build, the spinal column is now plastic which prevents that great sound the metal one made when you would,”Knock His Block Off”. :)

Back