Toilet Paper in Funnel tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading about the bypass filters cleaning the oil using toilet paper, and had rusty anti-freeze that was otherwise good.
I stuffed toilet paper into the neck of a large funnel and poured the anti freeze through. It came out much cleaner. I then packed in some fresh TP pretty tight and let it drip through overnight. It came out bright green.
Next I tried some mineral spirits that had sediments in it from cleaning parts. It stayed brown but had no sediments.
Toilet paper. It cleans everything.

Just a thought...

Could you not build a "by-pass filter", ie in your garage, then drain your oil, run it through the home-built TP filter, maybe a few times...
then put that oil back in your vehicle?

If you are completely over the top with regards to oil, this might be an option...

wink.gif
grin.gif

Maybe I should just skip a new oil filter next time and shove some TP in my block!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by geeeman:
Just a thought...

Could you not build a "by-pass filter", ie in your garage, then drain your oil, run it through the home-built TP filter, maybe a few times...
then put that oil back in your vehicle?

If you are completely over the top with regards to oil, this might be an option...

wink.gif
grin.gif

Why not just buy a TP bypass filter for your car? You'll always have clean oil, not just every 3,000 miles. Change the TP and not the oil.

quote:

Originally posted by terryr:
I was reading about the bypass filters cleaning the oil using toilet paper, and had rusty anti-freeze that was otherwise good.

How do you know it is still good?

by taste.

Actually it was not that old, so I assume it was good. Tested at -35.

If toilet paper can be used for oil, and also for fuel, can oil filters be used for gas?

quote:

Originally posted by terryr:
.... I stuffed toilet paper into the neck of a large funnel and poured the anti freeze through. It came out much cleaner. I then packed in some fresh TP pretty tight and let it drip through overnight. It came out bright green.....

What was the TP like after you finished? I would have expected it to fall apart or turn to a soupy version of paper mache' because of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back