Titan oil filter mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
2nd OC on the Titan and this time I had my phone handy to take a pic of the oil filter mount. First vehicle I've owned with an elaborate assembly to attach an oil filter. Seems odd to not have a lip to contain the gasket. The filter sits at a 45 degree angle and is easy to get to after removing a splash shield. Oil used is 7 quarts of QSUD 0w-20 with a NAPA Gold 7356. Lots of oil and a little filter. First OC was at 1k miles, this one at 5k. Might get a UOA at 10k and the oil was pretty dark as you can see.

[Linked Image]

Wife's Armada calls for 5-30. After many UOAs with many different brands/weights of oils, engine really likes M1 Euro 0-40, I use the M1 110 filter.

That's a pretty fancy stacked-plate oil cooler.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
I don't recall a lip to contain the gasket on any modern vehicle as that's the filters job.

Same here.... I have never seen any "Lip"....

and I AM GLAD,

...because I generally will spin on a larger filter (if it will fit).

Originally Posted by PimTac

Is that stamped steel?

The threaded nipple appears to be the only steel part.

Everything else looks to be aluminum.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by PimTac

Is that stamped steel?

The threaded nipple appears to be the only steel part.

Everything else looks to be aluminum.

You are probably right. My Mazda looks like aluminium but it's thick and machined. I would be careful to not gouge that mating surface, especially on this stamped version.

My 2019 Ford Fiesta also has an oil cooler assembly where the filter mounts. It looks a lot like that.

The only thing I dislike about the Titan is that you have to loosen all those bolts to remove the plastic shield. It makes removing the filter more work than I'm used to. Nissan should have installed a hatch for filter access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back