Tired of Using Cassette Player with iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I do to get rid of having to use the cassette player in my 1998 LS400 and my 2005 LS430? The 1998 has the Nakamichi sound system. Neither have Navigation.

I heard of someone, years ago, being able to install an AUX input in the factory radios. Radios are relatively cheap now. Any advice?

You can tap the cd changer input and use it as a line in. You just need a cd filled with silence.

Other than that, AUX inputs are so 2010, bluetooth is the way to roll now.

Originally Posted by Trav
Look at Crutchfield.
20 year old car:
1. Entire system probably tired. If you replace all the components you can install them in your next car.
2. Just get a HU and wire it up so OP can jam to Gordon Lightfoot while they drive.

ROAV by Anker. They have a store(front) on Amazon. I bought one for my '06 GX 470. Plenty of options. Easiest now to Bluetooth stream music phone calls, etc...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by maxdustington
You can tap the cd changer input and use it as a line in. You just need a cd filled with silence.

Other than that, AUX inputs are so 2010, bluetooth is the way to roll now.

Look at Crutchfield.
20 year old car:
1. Entire system probably tired. If you replace all the components you can install them in your next car.
2. Just get a HU and wire it up so OP can jam to Gordon Lightfoot while they drive.

Thanks bruh, now you have Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald stuck in my head now.

Look at Crutchfield.

I have been but nothing has "hit" me. Know what I mean?

Originally Posted by eljefino
FM transmitter

Been there, done that. Tried 3. Wont work for me. I'm too far out in the sticks.

I'm using a cellphone via AUX jack in the back of the stereo unit in my Mazda; I'm very happy

Other than that, AUX inputs are so 2010, bluetooth is the way to roll now....

Yeah, but I'm so 1950 ish.
banana2.gif

All I need is to listen to podcasts as I drive. I wish I still had my Blackberry but I'm stuck with an iPhone.

And I don't care about fancy high tech. I'm so old school, I still us legal pads for my lessons.

Maybe just pony up for some Apple Ear Buds but then only I could hear.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by typ901
ROAV by Anker. They have a store(front) on Amazon. I bought one for my '06 GX 470. Plenty of options. Easiest now to Bluetooth stream music phone calls, etc...

I'll check it out. I have no idea if you are pulling my leg. ROAV???
grin2.gif

AUX inputs are so 2010, bluetooth is the way to roll now.

Just personal opinion, but I've yet to find an automotive Bluetooth connection that sounds perfect. I find that a wired connection sounds far better. I tend to use the USB on rental cars instead of Bluetooth. Mostly for audio quality.

That's your cheapest option; if you cannot find specific for your head unit, it's time to update your stereo; GL

[Linked Image]

Gebo,
Dude,

It is time. I was once like you with the Trans Am. 2 years I ago I picked up a nice Pioneer closeout head unit at Car Toys. Install kit, harness and radio was just over 150.00 bucks. Radio has USB, CD player, Bluetooth and Aux port.
Trans Am originally had all Bose. The radio sounds great and it was so worth it. I later spent 80 bucks to get the box that allows me to use the steering wheel controls

It is time.
smile.gif

Gordon Lightfoot, best thing besides the Trans Am that Canada has given me.
smile.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Gebo
Yep. This is what I wanna get rid of.
So what exactly are you trying to achieve here?

What audio sources do you want to be able to listen to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back