Tire keeps losing air

I have a wheel on my 14 dart. It is the factory 18in wheel. It slowly loses air. Very slowly like 10lbs of air loss in a 12 days. The tires are new . Back story is it did this same thing with the previous set of tires on this wheel. The bead area looks clean as well. What can I do? I'd rather not take it to a shop to dismount the tire since very few places around me can correctly balance them. Anything I can do ? Thanks everyone.

Have you tried soapy water around the valve stems. If they are not the old rubber pull through but the bolt in they may be loose or the rubber oring inside the wheel might have gotten torn. You could also try soaping the edge of the rims just in case they were damaged, the low profile tires dont provide much protection when you hit a pot hole.

It is a rare occurrence but your aluminum wheel casting could be porous. An old hot rodders trick in the early days of "mag" wheels was to paint the inside of the rim with zinc phosphate paint to prevent air leaking through a porous casting.

How do you know the bead area looks clean? You can't see it unless you pull back the tire.
I looked at it when the new tires were installed since the previous tire on this rim did the same thing.

Rim leak, valve or valve stem issue. I read that some Chinese made stems develop leaks. You say the bead area is clean, the only way to tell is to break the bead and look. Aluminum wheels often won't seal around the bead because of some corrosion.. Any good tire installer will clean that area up prior to installing the new tire. If he just slapped on the new tires, that would be raising questions with me.

Defiantly check the valve stem and rim itself. Use some soap, put a lot of air pressure in that tire and check for bubbles. I imagine you either have a hairline crack in your rim or the valve stem is leaking.

If you have a pool lake or stream around you can find the leak.
Submerge the tire. Ya its hard to hold under but you will find a slow leak

I have a wheel on my 14 dart. It is the factory 18in wheel. It slowly loses air. Very slowly like 10lbs of air loss in a 12 days. The tires are new . Back story is it did this same thing with the previous set of tires on this wheel. The bead area looks clean as well. What can I do? I'd rather not take it to a shop to dismount the tire since very few places around me can correctly balance them. Anything I can do ? Thanks everyone.
When I worked in my uncles service station and tire store, if we had a slow leaker, we would over inflate the tire by about 10-12 lbs. The leak always shows up in a water tub. It worked every time.

Back