Tiny Frog in garage... and it's hot !!! what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 97tbird
DONE !
caught it in a cup (after some jumping around) and took him to the nearby pond .......

A couple of weeks ago, my co-worker and I were at an artificial pond. When I say artificial, I mean this guy had three guys building this pond for about two months. Gravel bottom, a tarp over the gravel and more gravel on top of it. This pond gets fresh water into it via a solar cell and an underground well pump. It even includes an artificial waterfall. The pond was completed a few months ago. The owner had some fish stocked in this pond shortly afterwards, bass, bluegill and some crappie, I believe. This pond was super clear and we noticed that these fish were following us as we walked around the pond. Obviously, these fish had been fed pelleted fish food and these fish were expecting us to feed them. As we walked around this pond, we noticed hundreds of tiny frogs at the edge of this pond, all of them small and less than the diameter of a dime.
My coworker and I caught a few of these frogs and threw them into the water. The fish ate these frogs within a half a second of hitting the water. Somewhat entertaining for a minute or two.
Hopefully, your frog as a longer life.

Well even if something like that happens and some other creature eats him, it will be nature and it will be hopefully kinda quick. Still probably better than slowly evaporating in 110 *F garage.
I also didn't want to step on it or drive over it, with it being in the garage the whole time.

Last edited:
Most of the frogs I find around my house are an invasive species so I spray them with sunburn spray and then freeze them. I don't like doing it but it must be done.

Last month I parked my PO💩 Simplicity in the garage just before dark for yet another premature repair. I go back out an in had come a hummingbird. Nothing could coax or chase him out. I had to leave the garage door open so he'd leave at first light which he did. I did find out something Simplicity tractors are good for, HUMMINGBIRD BAIT.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back