Time or Mileage?

Hope you're all doing well and staying mentally and physically it during this COVID-19 mishap.

I was pondering about my manual transmission fluid and wondering when I should change it. Car is a 370z, last MTF change was in 2017, since then I've accumulated 13,000 km on the transmission fluid. Would it be overkill to change it now? I know brake and clutch fluid is hydroscopic so I change it every 2-3 years, regardless of the mileage.

Same question would be for the differential fluid, should that be time or kilometres based?

Thanks in advance for the help and insight l, it's greatly appreciated.

You shouldn't need to change it that often, the Manual says to inspect the fluid every 10k miles, you're just under 10k miles, they recommend changing the fluid every 20k miles or 24 months if you use the car to haul lots of stuff or drive it through mud a lot, If you're not using it in that kind of severe service I guess I'd just go until 30k miles.

I did it at 75,000 miles on a 2006 Sentra Spec V. Haven't noticed any before and after differences. I used the specified Nissan manual transmission fluid for that car. Price wise, I didn't find it to be much more than the others.

Thanks for all the replies, they are greatly appreciated. Any additional input would be welcomed as well.

Back