Thoughts on Peak Cleanguard 15 year 400,000 mile coolant?

Is this something new they came out with? Is is better than their 10X? I don't even see it on their website.

peak.jpg

I don't have a problem with long life coolant. Personally, I use long life coolant in all my vehicles. But the cleaning part kind of throws me.

For those that don't properly flush their engine's coolant system before putting in fresh coolant, I guess it would be good to have a coolant that cleans as it cools. But then where does all that crud go? Very few engines have filters on the coolant system, so I guess all that crud just settles to the bottom of the engine block, radiator, and heater core?

Still, it seems that that would be better than having it never cleaned from the inside surfaces.

I drained and filled the coolant in my RAV4 today. AutoZone had the Prestone long life 13 yr / 375000 mile coolants. They come in green, blue, red, purple, and violet colors. $21 a jug. Premixed.

I drained and filled the coolant in my RAV4 today. AutoZone had the Prestone long life 13 yr / 375000 mile coolants. They come in green, blue, red, purple, and violet colors. $21 a jug. Premixed.

Prestone's Asian coolants are a scam. They're the same AMAM 2-EHA formula :sneaky:

Napa has real Asian coolant on sale. Zerex actually makes good stuff. And it's $3 cheaper than the Prestone.

For Asian cars, Zerex Asian, Pentofrost, Reochem, or Peak OET. Otherwise, Peak 10x.

Prestone's Asian coolants are a scam. They're the same AMAM 2-EHA formula :sneaky:

Napa has real Asian coolant on sale. Zerex actually makes good stuff. And it's $3 cheaper than the Prestone.

For Asian cars, Zerex Asian, Pentofrost, Reochem, or Peak OET. Otherwise, Peak 10x.
Yeah, I thiught they might be the same stuff with different color dyes. That was the only Toyota coolant that they had. I'm sure it's fine.

Is this something new they came out with? Is is better than their 10X? I don't even see it on their website.

View attachment 189438
Have the Peak coolant people invented a coolant that can go for 15 years or 400,000 miles without getting dirty?

This I'd have to see, because I believe science would benefit from that. Not to mention people who want to open it up 15 years later and not see dirt and chunks floating around.

Back