They Call it "Lucas" Oil Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the funny thing. We do know what's in it. Look in the oil additives section. A guy was nice enough to get a VOA of Lucas oil additive, and then also get a UOA of a run of it in his engine with 5 or 6 quarts of oil, I believe.

If you've used the stuff, heard your dad say it's "good stuff", and never had a problem with it... then of course, you will be biased for it. But, you must drop what you've heard and look at the cold hard facts.

Adding this to your oil lowers your additives ppm. It dilutes your oil while making it thicker. There is no benefit for it on any engine. It does not help with cold starts like it states. Everyone knows a thinner oil flows better on start up.

No additives in it, either? That is what really disgusted me. It's just a thick, low quality base stock, I believe. It is a waste of money.

This is coming from a guy who was as blind as you about "loving lucas". You just gotta look at the facts.

Originally Posted By: Jaymus
Originally Posted By: robbiejt
Has anyone here had rod knock and tried lucas? And i dont mean so far gone nothing will help it. I for one have had rod knock and it worked so whoever here says it dont work how do you know whats in the product when you didnt make the dam product? Tthis [censored] me off all the [censored] talkers will come on here acting as if they know the formula to it and made it. It worked until i could replace the bearings it makes a cushion for the bearings duh it doesnt say permanent fix dummies and oh yeah oil pressure went up with bad bearings thats proof right there it says increases oil pressure plus stopped the knocking i doubt seriously lucas is going to tell you all here the formula so you can scam them i doubt a single one of you here could tell me whats in it Can You? I have no idea all you condeming it id like you to tell me whats in it. You must of seen it made the way your talking even [censored] motor oil without lucas will foam get out an electric mixer its going to make bubbles idiots do whatever you want i will continue using it and if someone wants something in their car you have no right telling them not to use it you their boss or some [censored]?

Here's the funny thing. We do know what's in it. Look in the oil additives section. A guy was nice enough to get a VOA of Lucas oil additive, and then also get a UOA of a run of it in his engine with 5 or 6 quarts of oil, I believe.

If you've used the stuff, heard your dad say it's "good stuff", and never had a problem with it... then of course, you will be biased for it. But, you must drop what you've heard and look at the cold hard facts.

Adding this to your oil lowers your additives ppm. It dilutes your oil while making it thicker. There is no benefit for it on any engine. It does not help with cold starts like it states. Everyone knows a thinner oil flows better on start up.

No additives in it, either? That is what really disgusted me. It's just a thick, low quality base stock, I believe. It is a waste of money.

This is coming from a guy who was as blind as you about "loving lucas". You just gotta look at the facts.

Don't bother, some people are too "smart" for their own good. Unfortunately that is probably the least harmful thing they will be doing to their vehicle.

It appears that PYB is not loaded with Moly. That is the difference between Formula Shell and PYB for me. Formula Shell is loaded with Moly and it might have the most of the Dino's that I've seen.

To make up for the low moly count in PYB I will just continue to add my 5 ounces of Tuf Oil to any oil that seems to be carrying a low Moly count.

PYB is quite an exceptional oil, from what I read on the boards and after looking at the UOA's posted by the members, and since I like Moly....I will use Tuf Oil to hopefully make up the difference.

Cheers

Originally Posted By: mongo161
It appears that PYB is not loaded with Moly. That is the difference between Formula Shell and PYB for me. Formula Shell is loaded with Moly and it might have the most of the Dino's that I've seen.

To make up for the low moly count in PYB I will just continue to add my 5 ounces of Tuf Oil to any oil that seems to be carrying a low Moly count.

Then, that begs a simple question. Instead of playing with additives, why not just switch to Formula Shell? At least up here, they are basically priced the same. They are both quality SOPUS products. If a formulation weren't, hypothetically, to my liking, I'd simply find one that is more to my liking, rather than play amateur chemist.

If an oil change cost $10 with Formula Shell and $10 with PYB + a nickel for the additive, that's still five cents too much. If I feel an oil is inadequate (and that's probably just a feeling, rather than anything scientific), I'd simply switch oils. SOPUS (and everyone else for that matter) have a wide variety of products for a reason.

Nobody said anything about huffing it [censored] that's an ignorant retarded comment.

Nobody said anything against Lucas in this thread for over a year, and Audi Junkie is MIA. I don't think the opinions of Lucas have changed among the users here over the past year, either.

This is the most ignorant website ive ever seen in my life bunch of idiots on here. Whoever pays for this website is wasting their money on a bunch of junk.Provide proof of an engine failure from lucas since you say its garbage back up your story with some evidence of a engine failure if its so bad like you claim. The lucas i use has zddp in it.You Know i wonder something if half of you in here talking [censored] dont use a lucas oil product an engine oil not an additive but lucas motor oil.

You know, the thread was about Lucas Oil Stabilizer, not Lucas the brand in of itself.

Which Lucas product do you use that contains zinc? There, was that so hard guy? What 'good' Lucas product are you having some success with?

..and I totally get the 'argument' about it having 'some' place, if you were stranded and needed a way to thicken up the oil in order to keep an old beater running, but other that that the original topic was about the 'additive-less' Lucas Oil Stabilizer.

Now...I would conversely like to see a VOA on their 'Full Synthetic' Oil Stabilizer. It doesn't seem as thick, etc. Is THAT what you are using?

This is the most ignorant website ive ever seen in my life bunch of idiots on here. Whoever pays for this website is wasting their money on a bunch of junk.Provide proof of an engine failure from lucas since you say its garbage back up your story with some evidence of a engine failure if its so bad like you claim. The lucas i use has zddp in it.You Know i wonder something if half of you in here talking [censored] dont use a lucas oil product an engine oil not an additive but lucas motor oil.

We thank you for adding to the ignorance and idiots on this site. You've done an excellent job of it and we will miss you.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim

You know, the thread was about Lucas Oil Stabilizer, not Lucas the brand in of itself.

Which Lucas product do you use that contains zinc? There, was that so hard guy? What 'good' Lucas product are you having some success with?

..and I totally get the 'argument' about it having 'some' place, if you were stranded and needed a way to thicken up the oil in order to keep an old beater running, but other that that the original topic was about the 'additive-less' Lucas Oil Stabilizer.

Now...I would conversely like to see a VOA on their 'Full Synthetic' Oil Stabilizer. It doesn't seem as thick, etc. Is THAT what you are using?

I think he's either rambling or ranting about their Break in Additive which is a ZDDP additive, or maybe their oil? I'm pretty sure it's their oil. But then again according to him I'm an Idiot, so it could be anything. Maybe the mods will launch him before he really gets out of hand. LOL

Originally Posted By: Donald
While I do not use Lucas products I do amuse myself with their test gizmo (with the gears and cranks) while waiting for the parts guy to get something.

That's what I was wondering about. Nobody talks about the little gizmo in the parts store.
grin2.gif

The little white plastic gears that are being bathed in Lucas makes the oil roll over the top of them.
grin2.gif

While I do not use Lucas products I do amuse myself with their test gizmo (with the gears and cranks) while waiting for the parts guy to get something.

Ditto, and I give them an A+ for marketing. lol

Originally Posted By: Unleashedbeast

There is no doubt they know how to market their products.

Quote:
This is the most ignorant website ive ever seen in my life bunch of idiots on here. Whoever pays for this website is wasting their money on a bunch of junk

Maybe you at your old job?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Ahhh! the good old Lucas cavitation machine. 'cause bubbly froth is what I want to form a hydrodynamic wedge.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Ahhh! the good old Lucas cavitation machine. 'cause bubbly froth is what I want to form a hydrodynamic wedge.
crackmeup2.gif

It does have soap bubbles come out of it when you pour it out. That it all it is.. straight-80wt. "oil" that looks like aged maple syrup and pours out accordingly, and soap. Seriously. Soap. Like blowing through a kid's bubbles wand. I remember that well
lol.gif

It has been proven it foams up oil. NOT a good thing
There IS no Lucas that has ZDDP (and no car today needs ANY zddp)
They make other additives for transmission to thicken it up.. questionable, but sometimes you wont gethurt putting it in, depends (?)

I have had it "fix" exactly ONE car, and that car was a miracle it was running. It died the next day.

The thick oil stigma remains, and that is why Lucas sells.

Quote:
Has anyone here had rod knock and tried lucas? And i dont mean so far gone nothing will help it. I for one have had rod knock and it worked
Yep, so would using a higher viscosity normal oil, a 40 wt or 50 wt, but that would cost the same as normal oil. Any of these thickeners--Lucas, STP, Hilton Hyper-Lube, etc.--are good for quieting a bad engine before a quick sale to a stranger when you don't want to spend the money for an oil change.

Extra ZDDP in every engine is just as important as taking a strong drink of whiskey every night to keep the wild elephants away. Worked so far, I ain't quitt'n now....

Actually, I would use Lucas Oil Stabilizer the next time I run across an unstable oil, if I ever do run across an unstable oil, which I haven't yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back