The Heat is on

Here is that magical 100 F degrees F everyone talks about. Be cool.

0B04757D-17C9-43D6-8B2F-7F41A4B6A89B.png

The secret to stop increased USA-warming is really no secret. If heat is worsening in the California region - as depicted above, it's due to the removal of forests, due to hundreds forest fires over the past couple decades.

Billions of trees that used to be inside our country, need to be replanted. Shade America again and USA-warming will go bye-bye. Shade America again and the water shortage will cease.

This will be a real test on how COVID is affected by heat in Texas. Currently running high in daily case count. A sharp reduction may show something.

Originally Posted by 77Se7en
The secret to stop increased USA-warming is really no secret. If heat is worsening in the California region - as depicted above, it's due to the removal of forests, due to hundreds forest fires over the past couple decades.

Billions of trees that used to be inside our country, need to be replanted. Shade America again and USA-warming will go bye-bye. Shade America again and the water shortage will cease.

This.

We went through that last week here! Thankfully the AC on my Subaru started working. I'm not much of a fan of letting the car idle and running the AC every day on lunch, but I did last week!

111 here yesterday which is hot for us. 100-102 is our normal. This means that customers will start lining up at our door by 6a. Bummer for them as we are already scheduled out 10 days.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Be careful on the Covid stuff.
beer3.gif

Plus global warming due to the evil of deforestation.

Add carbon monoxide to the Global Warming -- man killing man.

SW Ontario has had a heat-wave last 10 days, no day less than 30C (86F), we have a reprieve this weekend, but next week it is supposed to hit 40C (104F)

Originally Posted by gfh77665
100F and 80% humidity. 115-120 index. Texas summer. Yawn.

Yep.

That's really not too hot compared to Phoenix or Las Vegas.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
This will be a real test on how COVID is affected by heat in Texas. Currently running high in daily case count. A sharp reduction may show something.

The Texas heat is grueling! Texas is such a humid state and that adds to it.

Originally Posted by Audios

This.

I agree. Trees and water are our most precious resources. Besides shade, trees also provide us with oxygen.

Oddly we are having the coolest summer I can remember. Early June once I think it broke into the 80's. People called June = Junuary. July? Jarch? Julinovia? I am NOT complaining. Gorgeous. We live in a temperate mild rain forest. Long walks and rides, working my assests off getting house ready for painting with little sweat. 65°F today, 75-77-71-78°F this week.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by Audios

This.

I agree. Trees and water are our most precious resources. Besides shade, trees also provide us with oxygen.

Lofty ideas, gentlemen, but it is so much more complicated. Insects and disease kill roughly double the number of trees as fires in the U.S., but not nearly as spectacular as fires. California has deep rooted problems allowing the fuel load to build up to very large levels (preservation vs. conservation among other things).

The U.S. is actually doing very well regarding our forests. Since 1900 our forested area has remained relatively stable +/- about 5%. Since about WWII the volume of tree growth has increased (49%).

[Linked Image from thoughtco.com]

Unfortunately many places in the world are repeating our mistakes of centuries ago of clearing forests for greed. So, your recommendations would be better served if applied globally, but taking care of our own backyard is excellent too.

I'm doing my part. I must have outplanted at least 60,000 trees over my career. Propagated many times more.

Back