IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

QX6850 Running at 3.6
2, 500GB Hard Drives in RAID 0
4GB or RAM running at 1111Mhz
GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB

Fired her up at 10pm last night. It makes a dull roar. Pictures show bad cable management but I spent an hour fixing it. It's clean now.

Thanks everyone. I only built it because I got the QX6850 for under $300. It pays to have friends who work for retail stores.

I'm still working the kinks out of it. The Asus Mobo has that 6-Phase energy saving feature. It's undervolting my CPU, despite my settings. It runs a very cool 26C and I haven't seen it above 38C while under load. I will put it through Prime 95 sometime.

I like LED. this reminds me of my desktop that lights up the room it's in.

Un/Fortunately, we don't use it much any more. Went mobile a couple years ago so the desktop is now hopelessly outdated.

I like it but that 6-Phase thing is still undervolting my CPU and has forced me to downgrade it to 3.3GHz. The Geforce drivers are junk as well. It will have problems playing Call of Duty 4.

That's odd, I have no issues with my 8800GTS and COD 4. I also have no issue with my board undervolting my CPU......

Join Xtremesystems if you want some good info on tweaking that board and it's settings.

Congratz!

Looks like a helluva machine! Can't beat building your own machine!

My last gaming computer I had built was around 1200$,and that was about 5-6 years ago. Had it built to play Everquest
grin2.gif

Gonna have another one built prolly in 09'

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
That's odd, I have no issues with my 8800GTS and COD 4. I also have no issue with my board undervolting my CPU......

Join Xtremesystems if you want some good info on tweaking that board and it's settings.

Bookmarked Xtremesystems for when I'm ready to do my research on buying my new gaming puter
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back