Tesla stock suffers biggest-ever drop

I need to learn more about investing. Where to start?
Well, start small, invest in broad index funds, keep adding money, in the long run you will be ahead. Consistency is the key here. Owning a personal residence is a great starter investment.

Its like getting fat, you dont just eat a few boxes of donuts and wake up fat the next day. Extra calories make you fat over time. Extra dollars invested makes future you fat in the wallet.
If you have lots of time and the desire to research companies you can try picking stocks but you will most likely come out behind an S&P 500 fund in the long run.

I need to learn more about investing. Where to start?
I would call your local Schwab office and ask for an introductory meeting.
They have a zero cost ETF that is easy to get into. Perfect for beginners.
Take advantage of your company's benefits such as 401K and stock plans.

Good luck.

Well Investor/Battery Day sure turned out to be anti-climactic. Elon was responsible for a lot of the hype preceding it and shouldn't be doing that unless he really does have a major announcement.
Not that there was anything negative about the announcements, they just weren't earth shattering. Well, maybe the Plaid Model S with over 1100 hp, 0-60 in 2 seconds, 200 MPH top speed and a range in excess of 500 miles ?

I expect there to be favorable Q3 results. And hopefully less volatility in the stock value. I would rather it go up $5 per day than up $50, down $80, up $20, down $10, up $50 again, down another $40 and so on.

I was looking at a video of their production lines for both the vehicles and the battery cells. Absolutely amazing. How can any other car manufacturer that already has tens or hundreds of millions of dollars invested over decades into making their current line ups compete without spending billions of dollars and building new factories ? They certainly would have to continue production of their ICE vehicles in the meantime to keep the cash coming in while waiting to build more modern and efficient production facilities and start rolling competitive EV's off the line.

I still think a stock valuation of $1500 a share by the end of 2022 is very possible.

The roller coaster ride continues... If Tesla's history predicts the future, it ain't a bad ride to be on.
We will just have to see. I bought a ticket (100 @ $381 actually); wish I had bought one years ago!

If the battery cost can be reduced and a cool $25K car can be built, Tesla's valuation will be $1T. And more.
All good.

I did not her Musk's spiel, but I thought the Model S Plaid announcement (expected) was cool; it showed Tesla's superiority.
  • Quickest 0-60 mph and quarter-mile acceleration of any production car ever
  • Acceleration from 0-60 mph:
  • Quarter mile:
  • 200 mph
  • 520+ mile range
Cheaper than the Lucid Air and way cheaper than the Porsche Taycan; and beats 'em up.
This is a 10 year old car.

Sandy Munros take on what was shown is interesting.

He's blown away, and thinks most simply dont get it.

I did not her Musk's spiel, but I thought the Model S Plaid announcement (expected) was cool; it showed Tesla's superiority.
  • Quickest 0-60 mph and quarter-mile acceleration of any production car ever
  • Acceleration from 0-60 mph:
  • Quarter mile:
  • 200 mph
  • 520+ mile range
Cheaper than the Lucid Air and way cheaper than the Porsche Taycan; and beats 'em up.
This is a 10 year old car.

What people missed is that a 500 mile battery with a 2000 cycle life is the million mile battery.
Not that the car will last that long.....

Batteries can be used in a new car, as a home or business power supply or sold to other car makers.
Tesla is also leading the way on recycling the batteries themselves. So most likely the pack will just get processed into new cells for a new EV. I'm still selling my shares if we can get to like $450 again!

Tesla is also leading the way on recycling the batteries themselves. So most likely the pack will just get processed into new cells for a new EV. I'm still selling my shares if we can get to like $450 again!
$500 by the end of the year? Not a stretch. But who the heck knows?
I have to hold stock for a year; capital gains tax rate is my friend.

So Tesla posts good delivery numbers for Q3 and still drops? Most of my other stuff went up today...

I would call your local Schwab office and ask for an introductory meeting.
They have a zero cost ETF that is easy to get into. Perfect for beginners.
Take advantage of your company's benefits such as 401K and stock plans.

Good luck.
I will say that I have been in the 401k quiet a while but want to learn a bit to invest some savings.

I’m not going anywhere. If you guys want to continue to chat without me though be my guest. I don’t claim to own the thread.

The car maker Tesla is ranked #18 in US car sales by brand in Q2 2020. 18 from the top. Showing no sign of gaining on the other 17 either.

PE Ratio (TTM) 1,165.18
EPS (TTM) 0.39

The Q3 Numbers are in and so far in 2020 Tesla is the #10 automaker in the US, a 7 place jump.

Tesla is the only manufacturer that is showing growth in the US - all others are shrinking.

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 8.25.41 AM.png

Back