Tell my buddy not to use Lucas Oil Stabilizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Roady
Well written response Overkill. One that actually has some details as to why some people don't like it. For me, it works and I will stick with it for the time being. Maybe I will browse around these forums to see what is highly regarded.

Thank you for the info you provided.

You are very welcome
smile.gif

I've said in another post, I don't know about it in engines but in industrial gear boxes it will lower the temps. No other oil "thickener" I've tried will do that.

We always just used Pennzoil Racing 25w50 in our methanol injected big block chevy and never had a need for anything like Lucas. Motor lasts 4 seasons on average between re freshening and has never blown up. Use a good oil and you don't need that thick oily snot in it. Id rather use STP over Lucas anyday....atleast it puts a little zinc in the oil instead of reducing it.

Originally Posted By: Roady
(The pump pickup had fallen into the pan)

I saved my 10 thousand dollar engine

$10,000 engine and you didnt tig weld or fasten the pickup tube to the oil pump?!?!?!?!?!

What gets me is the shape of the bottle. It resembles that of a Gear Lubricant bottle, the 75W-140 variant....etc.....:)

Click the link, see the resemblance?

On a similar note: I had one "mechanic" recommend it to me.....he explained that LOS will "thin out" as it heats up.....? LOL....can this be true? If I recall, someone did a VOA/UOA with it.....and it is in fact just a very heavy weight, motor oil
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back