T6 Synthetic oil in Kubota L5030 tractor question

Status
Not open for further replies.
About to do the 1500 hr service on the L5030 kubota and was advised not to use synthetic oil in the engine. Unless there is a credible argument against this I will go ahead and use the T6 already purchased. Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
A counter man at the Kubota dealer. Since this is a 2006 the manual calls for CD CD CF 10 weight for down to 0 deg 10/40 for 32 deg. the manual also says to drain all oil from the engine before changing types, no caution on syn.

Also on the Kubota site it is said synthetic is ok but to use recommended change intervals. Since I`m presently using T6 with no issues and Kubota intervals will continue since I believe lower cold temp rating with syn is best here because we plow snow in some below 0 temps.

Rotella T6 comes in 5W-40, and its hard to find little brother, 0W-40.

Look at Advanced Auto for the 0W-40...

You can use a Wix 51515 / Napa Gold 1515 oil filter, same base, same bypass, an inch longer...

Use T6 in my Kubota with no problems, been in there almost 2 years already and hasn't hiccupped once! Supposed to change every 100 hours but I haven't even hit 50 yet, probably gonna change before winter though around the 2 year anniversary!

Sounds like a myth/legend/FUD issue with the counter man.
What could possibly be the reason why synth would be a problem in this engine?
The only thing along those lines that sounded like it could possibly have any validity to me was the thing about not using synth in Mazda rotary engines because they consumed so much oil...and I'd guess that was a cost issue about not paying more for oil that was just going to get burned up, anyway. Some said that synth didn't burn as cleanly as dino, and I have no idea about that.

I got a stern warning from a guy at Midas about never going back to dino after I got a synth oil change for the heck of it....how do blends work, then???

I think the OPer will got a lot of good use out of his tractor on T6.

Thanks all, I feel more confident in the decision to use syn in the Kubota. Since this tractor will hopefully be in use for many years it`s important to not make stupid blunders.

No problems running the Rotella T6 and if anything a lot easier to start when cold. We have an early 80's Ford 4110 that was using the regular Rotella 15w40 until I switched it over last year to a mixture of T6 5w40 and T5 10w30, these older diesel's aren't too picky about the oil and I had some open containers that I wanted to use up just to get rid of. I just changed the oil again in it for this year but this time used Chevron Delo xle 15w40 & xle 10w30, same reasons why I mixed again.

Does Kubota make a synthetic oil? I'm wondering if they don't and they just wanted to sell you the oil they had on hand.

Im a little late to the race, but my father has the 43 horse version of this tractor. It's seen Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w40 for at least the last 10 years or so.

I've been told by the dealer not to run synthetic in mine. According to the manual, 10w30 is the more well rounded oil temperature wise and they don't even carry it. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back