Sweet corn anyone

Road side corn is not quite as good in Rocky Top Arkansas as the stuff I used to get in northern Illinois.
Illinois had the tri-color corn. Could eat that straight off the truck.

The only time I put corn (cob or loose) in water is to blanch it before I freeze it, nice to have corn on the cob at Thanksgiving. I prefer to put it in tin foil even if I'm cooking it in the oven, soaking/boiling corn takes to much of the sweetness away. I butter it before wrapping in tin foil, I think the butter soaks in better and I hardly ever salt it.

Call me biased but Olathe Sweet corn is the hands down winner. I think larry the cable guy tried it on only in America.

My fave way to make it is on the grill basted in butter while it's cooking. If I'm too lazy to mess with the grill,I'll wrap it in foil covered in butter, and bake it in the oven for about 30 minutes.

MOST corn is GMO!! chemically altered to withstand swimming in ROUNDUP aka ROUNDUP ready, never eat unless its organic + being a starch its like sugar adding to weight control issues with MANY overweight + OBESE people!!!!
:rolleyes:

"Reference Q: I soak my corn in water before 'grilling in husk'. Anybody else do that? "

Yes, I do that too. I wrap the ear in Foil and put on the Charcoal Grille !

Used to be only corn on the cob, cleaned and husked and wrapped in a wet paper towel and put in the microwave a few minutes, usually bought at roadside stands here in Iowa. Now we buy it, cut it off the cob, and cook it in a skillet with bacon and chopped green onions, best way so far for us, and it makes great leftovers. WinWin.

Last edited:
I grew up on a farm in Iowa, where the sweet corn is even better than Nebraska sweet corn. 🤣 Can't wait to get home to try some.
Iowa corn after the conversion

01EB96CD-B6F9-4737-B348-E0EF4D4489C7.jpg

Back