Surface Shield Rust Protectant $6 @ A-zone

was gonna try but the reviews are clear that you cant even finish a can because the nozzle clogs. too bad

Possibly, BUT:

I hear the exact same thing about a product I’ve used 15 years, Alumahyde. I use it on firearms and tools a lot. I invert it, clear the tube, and store it in a cool place. My cans last years and I never have a problem.

Never underestimate the ability of the average reviewer to completely fail to follow directions and then blame it on the product.

I have to go to AZ for something anyway so I will pick up some of these if available and give them a try; thanks OP

I have to go recycle some oil too. I'm thinking of grabbing a can and see how it fares against my usual Fluid Film.

I have to go recycle some oil too. I'm thinking of grabbing a can and see how it fares against my usual Fluid Film.

That was my plan, too.

I picked up two cans of it yesterday at the local AZ. I have some unused FF, also and will put some of each under a truck this fall and see in the spring.

This Clearance came at the right time . Menards just had it on sale but didnt have any left the day after the sale

Did you go into Autozone ?
No, when I checked the price last night it was $6 on the site, this morning $12.99 so I didn't go. I might take a ride over once this **** rain stops. We got over 9" of rain yesterday, a record.

Will confirm the reviews. The nozzle sucks. A bunch of it sprays out of the bottom of the nozzle all over your hand.

No, when I checked the price last night it was $6 on the site, this morning $12.99 so I didn't go. I might take a ride over once this **** rain stops. We got over 9" of rain yesterday, a record.
Man ......... I hope the flooding wasnt this bad where your at .

It was pretty bad, fortunately not bad for us. A few friends had flooded basements, and a long trip home from work.

Will confirm the reviews. The nozzle sucks. A bunch of it sprays out of the bottom of the nozzle all over your hand.
I was going to buy some until I read the reviews. I will stick with the Amsoil product.

was gonna try but the reviews are clear that you cant even finish a can because the nozzle clogs. too bad
I just undercoated my 2011 Honda Ridgeline with Surface shield (living in Michigan). It's true it does gum up but does not necessarily clog, however it tends to run down the can and it becomes very hard (slippery) to hold the can and press the nozzle at the same time. I found myself wiping the can off and using both hands, wasn't very convenient while laying on a creeper on my back. I will say there was good coverage and very limited dripping. I used 3 cans total to completes the underside of the Ridgeline and I applied it very liberally. I may go pick up some more after work at $6 per can. I paid 9.99 at Harbor Freight.

I used this on a subframe this summer on a hot day and I thought it sprayed great. I prefered it to spraying fluid film. I tried to order 2 cans online and had my order cancelled at 2 different store. On a whim I went into one of the stores to find the shelf empty but the associate showed me several cans on a clearance stand. I bought 3.

Back