Supertech Full Synthetic High Mileage DEXOS Gen2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I posted mine to add pictures. I’m sorry you were inconvenienced and left unnecessary wear and tear on your mouse finger or whatever other whining part of your body you use.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
wonder who makes it???

Originally Posted By: Urshurak776
I’m not sure who makes it. In my area it is normally Warren but no marks at all identifying this bottle.

I think it's still WPP, since the dexos license numbers match that of the old bottles they still have in stock that do say WPP on the bottom
smile.gif

If there are old bottles still in-stock at your local WM, compare them grade-for-grade. For example, and old 0w20 vs a new 0w20; or an old 5w30 vs a new 5w30.

The HM ST synthetic came out with the new bottles, so you may not find any HM syn old bottles to compare.

And remember, WM uses different suppliers depending on region.

Slacktide, to my knowledge there has never been a high mileage full synthetic before. I don’t ever remember seeing it anyway. I have used the regular high mileage in the past but just assumed it was a conventional or really a blend.

Wow, over-react much? I was just letting you know about the other one in case you missed it and might be interested in that discussion.
Yeah. I posted mine to add pictures. I’m sorry you were inconvenienced and left unnecessary wear and tear on your mouse finger or whatever other whining part of your body you use.

Originally Posted By: farrarfan1
Wow, over-react much? I was just letting you know about the other one in case you missed it and might be interested in that discussion.

It certainly didn’t come across that way. See the problem with one way communication? LOL.

Maybe old news, but I have never seen this. $17.47 in Charlotte, NC. DEXOS Gen2. Anyone tried it?

Good sir: i will buy a ST Syn 0w20 quart old style quart and new style bottle and.send in for VOA when I get time
smile.gif

I aporeciate your post and pictures
smile.gif

Thank you

Car51, as always, you are top shelf in my book. That would be great!

If the Wal Mart near Ohio line still has old AND new quarts there still. They did Friday when i stopped there

I emailed Warren Distribution recently out of curiosity to see if they were still the ones making Super Tech (specifically the 0w20 and 5w20 synthetics) and I got the response below:
Chad,

As you have noticed, we recently changed the bottles on Walmart’s SuperTech product. During that process, we had removed the stamp we had traditionally placed on the bottom of the bottle. Rest assured, we continue to be their supplier on a full line of lubricants including the Full Synthetic products below.

Dan Shirck
Product Manager
Warren Distribution
402-977-5837

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fisher83
I emailed Warren Distribution recently out of curiosity to see if they were still the ones making Super Tech (specifically the 0w20 and 5w20 synthetics) and I got the response below:
Chad,

As you have noticed, we recently changed the bottles on Walmart’s SuperTech product. During that process, we had removed the stamp we had traditionally placed on the bottom of the bottle. Rest assured, we continue to be their supplier on a full line of lubricants including the Full Synthetic products below.

Dan Shirck
Product Manager
Warren Distribution
402-977-5837

That is good to know! Thanks for the info!
smile.gif

Thank you for doing this. I am doing the oil change today in the Santa Fe. Car has 125,000 miles so I will run it for 5-6K. I think I'll send in a sample afterwards to Blackstone. Thanks everyone.

I wonder if sodium is still used as the main detergent as in the past or if they changed the formulation similar to what Valvoline has recently done?

Well, i bought this quart of ST HM synthetic 5w30. All wal mart had. Ill send it in next wrek folks.

The op is a good guy also so folks take it easy on him; no one is perfect
smile.gif

Pic 1 is the 0w20 which i saw. I didnt buy a quart of this. I bought quart of the 5w30

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem with this oil its never on sale. I got 4 Jugs of Castrol (Gold Jug) Extended Performance at Walmart last week for $17 a Jug. I'm beginning to believe I'd better get in a twelve step program.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back