Supertech Full Synthetic High Mileage DEXOS Gen2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by ummduh
Fwiw, I just did an oil change with this oil, and the seal under the cap came off in shreds, and some fell into the bottle. I had to strain the oil to keep chunks of it from going into the engine. I've never had that issue before.
So as usual, just go into random threads and post silly responses until it's finally stopped? Again?
Well, the user name is appropriate.

That is one of the first clues.

From the test results on pqia this oil and amazon basic 0w20 could be the same oil. I bought three jugs on roll back for $14 and change each and am running in my 19 tacoma v6 seems to work fine.

Originally Posted by faltic
From the test results on pqia this oil and amazon basic 0w20 could be the same oil. I bought three jugs on roll back for $14 and change each and am running in my 19 tacoma v6 seems to work fine.

They're both blended by the same company. Super Tech, Amazon, and Kirkland are pretty much the exact same oil, just different label.

I'm running this in three vehicles in the driveway. Well, the 0w-20 variant in the Subaru and Leaseon Sentra and the 5w-30 version in my 2v modular 5.4 pickup.

All three jugs (and 2 bottles) didn't have any issues with the cap.

That was the first time I've read about a foil of any type that shredded in multiple pieces. I've read about them missing or cut open. But not floaties.
OP did not mention if he was sure the oil jug cap was not compromised prior. I once got burned by that years ago (KMart brand) and jug even contained used oil.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by ummduh
Fwiw, I just did an oil change with this oil, and the seal under the cap came off in shreds, and some fell into the bottle. I had to strain the oil to keep chunks of it from going into the engine. I've never had that issue before.

I would have returned the jug to the store, with the shreds floating around inside the jug.

That's a Warren oil trait. I just changed oil with mag 1 and the same thing happened to qt jugs. I was pretty PO'd at the first bottle and throwing tools by the 4th.

Originally Posted by D1dad
That's a Warren oil trait. I just changed oil with mag 1 and the same thing happened to qt jugs. I was pretty PO'd at the first bottle and throwing tools by the 4th.

Wow, throwing tools you say? That's something, hope you didn't hurt anyone or break anything.

Wow, throwing tools you say? That's something, hope you didn't hurt anyone or break anything.

Lol finding you being sarcastic on a super tech thread. Do you have some alarm go off when those letters are entered on this site?

Originally Posted by Urshurak776
Originally Posted by farrarfan1
Wow, over-react much? I was just letting you know about the other one in case you missed it and might be interested in that discussion.
Originally Posted by Urshurak776
Yeah. I posted mine to add pictures. I�m sorry you were inconvenienced and left unnecessary wear and tear on your mouse finger or whatever other whining part of your body you use.

It certainly didn�t come across that way. See the problem with one way communication? LOL.

Poe's Law strikes again

Sounds like the foil issues are happening on occasion. That's unfortunate for those needing to stay with a tighter budget at the cash register.

Keep you eyes on sale ads for other brands, like Meijer, NAPA ......etc.

Last edited:
Lol finding you being sarcastic on a super tech thread. Do you have some alarm go off when those letters are entered on this site?

Lol do you always throw tools when such annoyances occur? That sounds a bit over the top to me.

Never seen foam over foil seals degrade … have used some Warren stuff … just not a high percentage.
It was brought to my attention they make a dual approval ATF … going to have a look when it's time again

Originally Posted by 4WD
Never seen foam over foil seals degrade … have used some Warren stuff … just not a high percentage.
It was brought to my attention they make a dual approval ATF … going to have a look when it's time again

Mine weren't decengrated. Just the flimsiest seal I've seen on a bottle of oil. The white part separated from the plastic which was left behind. If I knew how to add a pic I'd show you?
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Use the button above the reply screen that has what looks like a red image with a blue arrow to the upper right. Navigate to the picture file on your device and upload it.

Use the button above the reply screen that has what looks like a red image with a blue arrow to the upper right. Navigate to the picture file on your device and upload it.

Got it thanks.

Originally Posted by 4WD

Mine weren't decengrated. Just the flimsiest seal I've seen on a bottle of oil. The white part separated from the plastic which was left behind. If I knew how to add a pic I'd show you?
[Linked Image]

That's a new quart. I tried pulling the white seal and it just separated and tore. I just poked a hole in it with my thumb to show how flimsy it was. I don't recall this with mag 1 in the past. Maybe the $1.79 at family farm meant they had to cut a corner somewhere.

And the seal will come off in chunks from here. An exacto knife will be how I attack the next change.

Originally Posted by 4WD

[Linked Image]

I always use my pocket knife to open the foil. When I'm done, I wipe the blade down. Two birds with one stone - easy open and oil my blade for rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back