SuperTech ELC

20231211_174534.jpg
20231211_174635.jpg

This is the only SuperTech anything i have used in many many years since it was called Tech 2000 lol been in my 6.4 Powerstroke with a coolant filter for about 2 years now

I used the peak final charge last time but I'd planned on switching over to this Super Tech since it's cheaper. I haven't checked the price for a while but it was like $12-13 last time.

been in my 6.4 Powerstroke with a coolant filter for about 2 years now
Thanks?

If you said 20 years Id say we're onto something. Two years isnt much to give any insights even if it is eating away your system (which I doubt it is)...

But thanks for the public notice!

It was looking good until I read that it has 2-EH in the formulation...silicon components beware:

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...78623466488/PEL_SDS-Ethylene+Glycol+Fluid.pdf

Also seems contradictory that it calls attention to CAT's EC-1 spec when I've always been told that CAT recommends a nitrite-based coolant.
I think you're right about Cat wanting a Nitrated coolant. These companies are simply saying they'll meet or pass the Cat EC-1 test w/their nitrate free version though. I don't think Cat keeps track of other companies claims.

What's interesting is that Peak Final Charge Nitrate Free is supplied by the same company but instead of using potassium 2-ethylhexanoate in the super tech it shows potassium p-tert-butylbenzoate in the Final Charge.

https://asset.productmarketingcloud.com/api/assetstorage/2482_f90bf79d-4444-4c69-9f43-c9dbdcde50ac

Thank you for the info on the heads up on the silicate warning

I was previously using the Old World Industries
Red

I saw the Cat EC-1 on the SuperTech and thought that to be a satisfactory spec to use
20231215_203012.jpg

It was looking good until I read that it has 2-EH in the formulation...silicon components beware:

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...78623466488/PEL_SDS-Ethylene+Glycol+Fluid.pdf

Also seems contradictory that it calls attention to CAT's EC-1 spec when I've always been told that CAT recommends a nitrite-based coolant.

That is the wrong SDS. You posted the one for the Supertech Extended Life Coolant (the Dexclone for auto and light/medium duty trucks). Here is the correct one for this Supertech Heavy Duty Nitrite-Free Extended Life coolant:

msds.walmartstores.com/client/document?productid=1517966&productguid=ba29fa91-23ad-4559-b0ab-6606341aee50&DocumentKey=undefined&HazdocumentKey=undefined&MSDS=0&subformat=NAM

That said, the product does have 2EHA in it. But honestly, that doesn't matter one bit. 2EHA is in millions of vehicles out there today with nary an issue.

That is the wrong SDS. You posted the one for the Supertech Extended Life Coolant (the Dexclone for auto and light/medium duty trucks). Here is the correct one for this Supertech Heavy Duty Nitrite-Free Extended Life coolant:

msds.walmartstores.com/client/document?productid=1517966&productguid=ba29fa91-23ad-4559-b0ab-6606341aee50&DocumentKey=undefined&HazdocumentKey=undefined&MSDS=0&subformat=NAM

That said, the product does have 2EHA in it. But honestly, that doesn't matter one bit. 2EHA is in millions of vehicles out there today with nary an issue.
That's my bad if I grabbed the wrong SDS. However, 2EH definitely is an issue in HD diesel engines using silicone hoses, seals and head gaskets. We see the negative effects of it all the time in conversion opportunities.

This is all good to know ..... this engine has a new front cover from the rebuild 2 years ago it has about 12k miles on the whole rebuild including the coolant....... I had planned on just using the SuperTech for the initial fill and test run for leaks and issues but there were zero leaks and it remained absolutely clean so I left it in there

I can get Delo at a local supplier if there is a better formula for a Powerstroke

The Peak Final Charge version claims "organic" ingredients. Where the Super Tech doesn't as far as I can tell.

Back