supertech 0w16 $11/ 5 qt

Not here... *I stand corrected, yesterday it was about $14 but now apparently is down to $11, in store only I think and not in all local stores...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GMguy84
Not surprised lol Like What the crack runs 0W16 ?? Dave
Possibly my Moms Ford Hybrid she barely drives anymore... On second though, nah... But I'm surprised people with some Hondas and Toyotas are not all over this... On 0W-16 recommendations

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RyanY
$7 at all Walmarts around me. Apparently this stuff isn't flying off the shelves...
I am sure there will be some stories this year on how supertech oil blew their motor up or the timing chain rattles now due to it. But they got an extra 0.01 MPG so that was worth it right? smile

Originally Posted by Linctex
For $7 a jug, I'll blend it with 15W-40 - -
Wisdom! 7.5W28 will make you a BITOG Idol!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jimzz
Originally Posted by RyanY
$7 at all Walmarts around me. Apparently this stuff isn't flying off the shelves...
I am sure there will be some stories this year on how supertech oil blew their motor up or the timing chain rattles now due to it. But they got an extra 0.01 MPG so that was worth it right? smile
I think I've heard this since 1999. Still haven't seen any. It's only approved for 2 engines AFAIK, not ones that seem to have problems with chains..

2 gallon jugs of ST HD30 for $9 ($4.50/gallon) was just too good to pass up... I grabbed 8 (16 gallons) and could have had plenty more. LOTS and LOTS of full synthetic ST 0W-16 everywhere - every store has tons, for just $7 per 5 qt jug I'll doing a bit of blending of the two (and also 15W-40) for some free oil changes.

I believe the 0W16 is not widely used yet in current production and a lot of the vehicles that have it are probably still on dealer maintenance deals. So the retail volume is likely pretty low so far.

What is the formula for the Franken Brew? Averages? 0w16+15w40 = 7.5w28 0w16+0w40=0w28? 0w16+5w30=2.5w23? 0w16+10w30=5w23?