Super Tech Synthetic 10w-30 - 9,303mi -08' KIA Sportage

Hi everyone,

This is my second UOA for this vehicle using Super Tech Full Synthetic 10w-30. I was shooting for 10K OCI, but decided to change it as I was already changing oil on my other car.

Let me know what you think. Not bad for what most consider an "economy" oil. I'm pretty happy with it in my KIA. Car runs great.

Thank you!

08 SPORTAGE UOA_2020_3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the "thumbs up" guys. What about TBN? Do you think "1.3" is pushing it? Blackstone seems to think 10k is a good limit.

My own personal opinion is that people change their oil (If using Synthetic etc.) far sooner than they need to. I don't think my engine is hurting in this respect. But hey... you guys know waaaayyy more than I do!
grin.gif

Is that report correct.... no makeup oil added on both runs with Supertech Syn?
Did someone in the middle of the night steal your Boron and Moly during this run...... a really low-combo reported. I wonder if that low-combo amount - is normal with 10w30 Warren Syn?

The oil did it's job and I can understand you sticking with it. Did you fill for the 3rd time with the same oil? What oil filter are you using?

Originally Posted by 77Se7en
Is that report correct.... no makeup oil added on both runs with Supertech Syn?
Did someone in the middle of the night steal your Boron and Moly during this run...... a really low-combo reported. I wonder if that low-combo amount - is normal with 10w30 Warren Syn?

The oil did it's job and I can understand you sticking with it. Did you fill for the 3rd time with the same oil? What oil filter are you using?

Ha! Correct Report - "ZERO OIL ADDED" and none burned. I checked my oil religiously. Not sure why Boron/Moly is low... but, does it matter when the report is this good?

Oil filter used has always been a WIX-51334. Never added oil or used any additives.

Originally Posted by wemay
Fabulous report.

Thank you. I've viewed a lot worse. I appreciate the input.

Very nice!

Thinking this oil's sweet spot is 7.5 -8k.

I always like a little cushion for my TBN...because you never know...
cool.gif

Originally Posted by daves87rs
Very nice!

Thinking this oil's sweet spot is 7.5 -8k.

I always like a little cushion for my TBN...because you never know...
cool.gif

Thanks. I think you're right. What also is interesting is that this car lives in a brutally hot environment. I don't baby it. It idles for periods and then combined highway/city driving.

I think Super Tech is a fabulous oil. (Former Mobil 1 user here).

Excellent report, less than 1ppm Iron wear per 1,000 miles is great.
At KV100 = 10.8 cSt the oil is still in grade, and zinc at 830 ppm is nicely at the top of what the ILSAC limit allows.

The retained TBN is 1.3 after 9,300 miles, which is fine, but it says this is a 10,000 mile oil and I wouldn't go beyond that.

Great job that ST 10W30 synthetic! You could easily pay more and get less. Stick with this winner.

Looks good, and what should be expected of most any oil on a well worn IN engine that is not wearing OUT.

I would say 10W30 is a good choice for AZ.

I was just out there in November for my niece's wedding in Scottsdale. I've never been west of the Mississippi. Folks told me that was a good time of year for tolerable weather.
In town is pretty badly over-built and intolerable, but 15 miles out of the center things were looking a bit more normal.

I would keep on keepin' on
smile.gif

Great report! It is making me considering using ST in my family members cars that I service pretty much for free.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
How does an oil thought to be substandard by a lot of people here on BITOG pump out such a great UOA?

..... and another UOA nearby in this UOA Room, of a long-standing, name-brand oil, not pump out a great UOA?

We are living in an upside-world Johnny. Expect the Unexpected.

I just want to know who stole the OPs Moly and Boron, in the middle of the night?

How does an oil thought to be substandard by a lot of people here on BITOG pump out such a great UOA?

That will drive a lot of people here crazy.

Originally Posted by PimTac

That will drive a lot of people here crazy.

LOL especially those there's no oil like Boutique oil. Then you examine a bunch of UOA and it comes up BS.

Back