Sudden Unintelligence Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I brewed coffee to sip while cooking breakfast. When the bacon and eggs were ready I poured another cup of coffee (I use a clear Tervis) then reconsidered seeing as it was already pretty warm at 7:30am and I was kind of in the mood for something cold instead. So I poured a glass of Diet Coke, put the bottle back in the refrigerator, went back to the counter...and took a full on gulp from the cup of coffee still on the counter.

I think I have coffee stains on the kitchen ceiling. 🤬

Holy mother of crap that burned.

OMG, that's funny. I'm sorry for your misfortune, but good god
lol.gif

Sounds like you needed the coffee first to "wake up"

Sounds familiar.

A couple of years ago I had to spend a week at Mom's after she got out of the hospital. My coffee maker keeps the coffee exactly at the right temperature to be drinkable immediately. Mom's keeps the coffee closer to a molten temperature. First morning I was at her house, I forgot about that part and the paper got soaked after I took my first sip/gulp of coffee and realized the mistake I'd just made.
crazy2.gif

I think you operate on your "brain stem" only in the morning as a creature of habit.

The fatal mistake was changing the routine. Hope you didn't get burned too badly.

One question, what was the very next thing you did after spewing the scalding hot coffee out of your mouth?

Originally Posted by Gebo
One question, what was the very next thing you did after spewing the scalding hot coffee out of your mouth?

Chugged the Diet Coke, then some ice water to cool my tongue off.

Then mopped the coffee off the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back