Substitute for John Deere Hy-Gard J20D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by prs
J20 specs are on almost every crap to platinum level aftermarket hytran fluid out there. They are NOT all created equal. The John Deere site explains this. The low vis Hyguard is really good stuff and my only fault with it is questionable protection in the hot summer months with long hard hours of work. Regular Hyguard works in any low temp where you will get me out there and working, so my compact utility manual has that. EIther Hyguard can even serve as hydrostatic fluid. I have been told, but do not know for sure, that Valvoline produces it so maybe they have similar aftermarket product, but the good stuff is NOT cheap.

Very interesting. Ashland produces the hydraulic fluid for the orange people, though I believe both Ashland and Valvoline are no longer related now.

The SDS or PDS for the Hyguard should tell you who produces it.

Originally Posted by dlundblad

Very interesting. Ashland produces the hydraulic fluid for the orange people, though I believe both Ashland and Valvoline are no longer related now. The SDS or PDS for the Hyguard should tell you who produces it.

Ummm....Kubota? (since I don't think AGCO kept the Allis name anymore..)

Back in the 1990's, Shell had the Contract for Deere 15W-40 engine oil. I don't know who made their hydraulic fluid.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by dlundblad

Very interesting. Ashland produces the hydraulic fluid for the orange people, though I believe both Ashland and Valvoline are no longer related now. The SDS or PDS for the Hyguard should tell you who produces it.

Ummm....Kubota? (since I don't think AGCO kept the Allis name anymore..)

Back in the 1990's, Shell had the Contract for Deere 15W-40 engine oil. I don't know who made their hydraulic fluid.

Allis? Never heard of her! Lol. Actually our local Kubota dealer actually started with AC well before they carried Kubota.

Ashland makes Kubota's mineral UDT and synthetic UDT2 hyd fluid. Haven't bought their UDT in a while, but I believe it has a huge list of approvals on the jug. UDT2 doesn't for whatever reason, but they're backwards compatible too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back