Subaru Forester with rusty brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the "brake pad is gone" scraping noise when turning left and no brake applied. Previous post of mine said it was turning right. Brakes are fine. I believe the rotors are Wagner coated rotors.

Besides the NY taxes the NY rust is out of control. This car does get sprayed with rust treatment.

Moving in spring to what I hope is below the rust line (Delaware).

Originally Posted by GZRider
Calipers are sliding pin type and sticking a bit, probably time for rebuilt ones.

The brakes do not make any noise when I use them. Just makes a sound like brakes do when turning left.

That's odd in my book. My rotors get rusty but I've never gotten what your stating. I'm running a 17 Outback. My OEM brakes lasted 60k. A record BY A LOT for me. Too much salt exposure for me.

Originally Posted by Donald
I get the "brake pad is gone" scraping noise when turning left and no brake applied.

Could be a bad wheel bearing.

Delaware is hardly below the rust line, but being a warmer state with most of its land mass on the coast near the Gulf Stream, tends to have a LOT less snow than NY. Hurricanes can be an issue, though.

Pretty much stuck looking to see what is up. IMO you need to bust apart brakes once a year up here, so much road salt. Although I think constant exposure to water will wash away brake lube (and under carriage oiling too).

Of course it could be something else. For a while my truck would make a rattling sound, like heat shield, but only on certain turns. But never any other time. ??? In the end, I got up under it, found that the shield was loose, put a band around it, and no more rattle on turns. Maybe you have similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back