Styles of compressed air fittings

That Milton V quick disconnect fitting will flow a LOT more than anything non-High-Flow. It is also "mostly compatible" but may be a bit leaky when used with other type connectors.

The inside diameter of your 3/8 hose 1/4" NPT fittings can be drilled-out some, if it amuses you. I have one such hose that I experimented with. It helped my impact gun a bit, but not as much as replacing a badly constricting standard quick-disconnect, or replacing all the fittings with High Flows. Then I got a bigger tank+compressor and it really didn't matter any more... but I'm already invested and fully converted to High Flows, not going back.

The problem is that this is the female fitting. I bought the 3/8 one thinking it was somehow larger inside, but I don’t think it is.

My setup is tank - 3/4” - 1/2” bushing - regulator - 1/2Mx3/8M - female coupler.

After the coupler I could use whatever diameter of hose I like up to the tool, to reduce pressure drop, but that coupler is the pinch point.

It depends on the tool, some like big impacts have a larger fitting size but most common ones use 1/4". even the hose fittings on a 3/8 hose is usually 1/4.

Back