Storing my 1998 Mustang for winter

Ok, I am sure this has been covered many times, and I know much of what I should do. I have had much older cars which I have stored for the winter for many years. BUT, this is the first one that is this new, and it has most all the bells and whistles that the others did not have. It has P/S P/B A/C and cruise control. I know what to do as far as the oil and gas, but wondering if things like the A/C can be left for 6 to 8 months without running. I know to use a maintainer on the battery. Or is there anything different about storing what to me is a "newer" car?

No problem with that. Have never had a problem in many years in my attached garage.

Don't like cats, and neither does my dog. But the dog will kill anything that moves. (vermin wise)

Keep the rats out and disconnect the battery. Pump the tires up to ~45.

I store my Mustang every winter.
Fill up the tank and put stabil in it, put a CTEK on the battery, and put the cover on it.
Nighty night Pony until the spring. Never had an issue.

Battery maintainer, tires filled to max psi on sidewall, full tank of gas with some Stabil.

not saying this is the right way to do things, BUT:
my brother has been storing his 98 GT since about ...1999? (only has ~15,500mi)
tries to idle it for 30 min or so at least once a month. changes the oil, and the battery every few years. still on the factory tires.
never put any sort of fuel additive in it.. had to drop the tank and replace the fuel pump once (Varnish).
the refrigerant has leaked out of the compressor seals and been recharged at least once....

he has a stash of upgrade parts for it...eventually...
including the full Suspension, and full independent rear from an...'03(?) Cobra.

as well as about 3 sets of wheels and tires, a grille, and several sets of mufflers for the SN-197 he used to have..

Eh, Stabil and a full tank of E0. That's about all for me. Storage time is usually 5 or 6 months. Attached garage.

So, sounds like I will just do the same as I have been doing for years with the older cars. I was wondering if the A/C needed to be exercised at some intervals. But nobody mentioned it so I guess not huh? I have a full tank of E-10 now, and probably won't get it empty before I have to put it away, but will top it off with E-0, and Sta-Bil. Will keep the battery topped off with my maintainer, and add more air to the tires, which I do with the other mustang also.

AC is dormant all winter up here for 6 months. Never had a problem and even have a 20 year old Ford car where the A/C was used only 4 months per year or less and left dormant all winter and still blows ice cold.

I realize that the A/C isn't used in the winter, but I thought that some cars, and I don't know which ones, or what years, run the A/C when running the defroster. The purpose being to de-humidify the air. That would also keep the A/C being used now and then in the winter.

Every year from Nov-May I store two vehicles. I fill up the tank and add Stabil. Fill tires to max inflation on sidewall. If an oil change is coming due, I do that. Keep the battery on a battery tender and that is it. I do not start them until May. The A/C will be fine for the entire duration.

I realize that the A/C isn't used in the winter, but I thought that some cars, and I don't know which ones, or what years, run the A/C when running the defroster. The purpose being to de-humidify the air. That would also keep the A/C being used now and then in the winter.

Just about everything does that, going back to at least the 1970s.

I would run the A/C for at least 15 minutes (to circulate oil) the day before you put it away for winter.

I thought so. Sounds like a good Idea to run the A/C before storing.

Back