Stop The Shooting..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired of reading the statistics. The city of Chicago paid $500 million the past 10 years in Chicago police law suits. Can't they use tasers or maze?? I know the "bobbies" in London don't even carry firearms. Maybe the U.S. big city police need to be retrained? England has about 5 police shootings a year compared to 1,000 in the U.S. What's the answer?

Oh please, qwerty!

What's YOUR answer now? Ban all police from carrying firearms....in the murder capital of Chicago??? Are you for REAL?

Delusional to say the least.

Olas, my English friend! Why can't the community help raise inner city youths?? I place most of the blame on inner city police mentality. The U.S. Department Of Justice is investigating Chicago. That includes the politics and the police department.

Wild wild west.....it's in your DNK
smile.gif

Olas nailed it, and NO, nobody's responsible to raise the children but their own parents. The glorious selfish me, especially in the US is too busy loving themselves and completely neglect rheir responsibility. My girls are not trained with a firearm yet, 5 &8, but scream when you hand it them. They understand death, and know that guns equals death.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
Olas, my English friend! Why can't the community help raise inner city youths?? I place most of the blame on inner city police mentality. The U.S. Department Of Justice is investigating Chicago. That includes the politics and the police department.

The community CAN help, but there is a culture of not doing so because to show interest in a child that is not your own allows accusations of pedophilia.

Police used to be friendly and respectable and trustworthy - currently they are impersonal and aggressive.
The phrase "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" springs to mind, it's as though the people in question actually enjoy poverty, violence and coercion.

Regardless of anybody's personal opinion, guns are NOT the problem. IDIOTS are the problem.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
I'm tired of reading the statistics. The city of Chicago paid $500 million the past 10 years in Chicago police law suits. Can't they use tasers or maze?? I know the "bobbies" in London don't even carry firearms. Maybe the U.S. big city police need to be retrained? England has about 5 police shootings a year compared to 1,000 in the U.S. What's the answer?

OP, sort of an apples-to-oranges comparison. The U.S. and UK are very different geographically and demographically. You can't just compare the two just for the fact that we are both English-speaking. For one, U.S. has about 5x the population of the UK. Second, England is an island, so it is much easier in comparison to control the rate of flow of contraband across its border. The U.S. is a nation with very large, porous borders. A better comparison IMO would be U.S. vs all of Europe or U.S. vs Brazil.

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
@Olas...So you are saying...that there exist country overseas wich has majority of idiots?
smile.gif

Kameleon

I'm not generalising on nationality, and I'm not saying that any particular country has a majority population of idiots, I don't want to start an argument or offend anybody.

What I AM saying, is that if somebody's first instinct during a debate is to reach for the gun, they are without doubt an idiot. People with manners, or brains, or some combination of the two would attempt to have a conversation and reach an equilibrium agreeable to all parties before resorting to violence. Anybody who immediately escalates to the highest level without trying to compromise beforehand is an idiot.

New Zealand police don't carry guns...but they still shoot people. Takes a bit of provication to get them to do it though.

Originally Posted By: Olas
The answer lies with the parents.

They raise their kids to talk through disputes instead of shooting, the shooting stops.

What are we to do? Mandate that all parents take a course on teaching their children firearm abuse prevention then wait 20 years to see if it works? I don't really understand the end-game here. I do, however, agree with the premise that parents who are active in their children's lives and teach them conflict resolution are being good parents.

Agreed...

My opinion is that their 5th amendment is f... them up...

As seen in "bowling for Columbine"...any idiot can get firearms without any previous background check and testing...mybe that has changed till now?

Here in EU you MUST be registered in shooting club....you MUST visit your doctor AND go to dedicated psyhologist who determines your mental health...

And even after that police check your past....in some cases they even ask your neighbours if they are comfortable with you...getting armed...

And after that you must arange special room/compartment in your home for safe storing of your weapons...

How is in states with that?

Last edited:
And after masacre in Paris...EU comission said that you will have to visit. doctor and psyhologist every 5 years....that seems ok to me...

Because people do change with age...

kamel, the new laws are you can get a "concelaed weapon" permit. Basically, it means you can carry a gun legally. Chicago gangsters are shooting up each other. The other is the Chicago police shooting suspects.

Well...here that is reserved only for our "FBI"....for guards wich are guarding our nuclear power plant....and few individuals with strong connections in police (with checked background of course)....andsome individuals who are. Under i"protection of witnesses" programe....

Oh and I forgot to mention...to guards who are guarding our parliament
smile.gif

Lets say...alltogether some 100-200 people in whole country
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
And after masacre in Paris...EU comission said that you will have to visit. doctor and psyhologist every 5 years....that seems ok to me...

As ok as that seems, is there any explaination as to how that particular law would have prevented that particular crime ?

If the terrorists were operating outside the law, using weapons obtained outside the law that weren't even legal to own in the country, then how does this fix it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back