State Farm warned NHTSA in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

PT1

WASHINGTON – The nation's largest auto insurer said Tuesday it alerted federal safety regulators in late 2007 about a rise in reports of unexpected acceleration in Toyota vehicles, the latest warning sign to emerge about the massive recall.

State Farm insurance said it noticed an uptick in reports of unwanted acceleration in Toyotas from its large customer database and warned the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in late 2007. NHTSA officials said the report was reviewed and the agency issued a recall later that month.

NHTSA received complaints about acceleration problems in Toyota vehicles as early as 2003, and congressional investigators are looking into whether the government missed warning signs of the problems. A House committee is scheduled to hold a hearing on Wednesday into the Japanese automaker's recall of about 8.5 million vehicles globally over floor mats which can trap gas pedals, sticking gas pedals and brake problems.

So now that the gov owns 2 competitors it is very convienient to attack the competition. Hmmmmm.

NHTSA is an acronym for National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The agency is part of the U.S. Department of Transportation.

NHTSA was founded in 1970, after passage of the Highway Safety Act of 1970. Its roots actually go back a little further, though, to the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966 and the Highway Safety Act of 1966, and later, to the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act of 1971.

So NHTSA reports to Ray LaHood (career politician from Chicago) who is appointed by the President who fired the CEO of GM and installed his own guy in there.

DO we have a conflict of interest here?

Last edited:
Do we have a conflict of interest???? HUH???

Did YOU not just post that State Farm, a non-government entity found issues? Seems to me that a company was looking out for itself from that end.

Then the government has to go through the paperwork game, meanwhile assessing the true breadth of the issue, so as to not create a huge scare if it is not really one.

Sure, the government "sort of" owns some of these companies. And they want to see them not be a flop, I buy that. However, it does not dismiss the fact that there is a bona-fide issue. Heck, the DexCool argument for GM isnt as cut and dry as this one...

Finally doing their [censored] job, to investigate??

Even Toyota's emporer err CEo is now admitting they covered things up. One of their former trial lawyers is about to expose them to.

As they say , where there is smoke, there is fire.

Originally Posted By: PT1
NHTSA is an acronym for National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The agency is part of the U.S. Department of Transportation.

NHTSA was founded in 1970, after passage of the Highway Safety Act of 1970. Its roots actually go back a little further, though, to the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966 and the Highway Safety Act of 1966, and later, to the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act of 1971.

So NHTSA reports to Ray LaHood (career politician from Chicago) who is appointed by the President who fired the CEO of GM and installed his own guy in there.

DO we have a conflict of interest here?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Did YOU not just post that State Farm, a non-government entity found issues? Seems to me that a company was looking out for itself from that end.

I think in his world, its more fun to imagine GM as the boogeyman behind everything from Toyota's troubles to the weather.

Originally Posted By: css9450
I think in his world, its more fun to imagine GM as the boogeyman behind everything from Toyota's troubles to the weather.

lol.gif

crazy2.gif

lol.gif

Then the government has to go through the paperwork game, meanwhile assessing the true breadth of the issue, so as to not create a huge scare if it is not really one.

Sure, the government "sort of" owns some of these companies. And they want to see them not be a flop, I buy that. However, it does not dismiss the fact that there is a bona-fide issue. Heck, the DexCool argument for GM isnt as cut and dry as this one...

Do you always just make up excuses or are you really that afraid of the truth. What paperwork game? Sure the government "sort of" owns these companies....better do the math there guy....the government owns ALL of the controlling interest in GM and will for decades. They need to promote their products and the best way is to turn their competitors products into death traps...even Jon Stewart figured that out.

GM = The US government & UAW....if you can't see the conflict of interest here...you are blind or just drinking the "GM" koolaid.

GM = The US government & UAW....if you can't see the conflict of interest here...you are blind or just drinking the "GM" koolaid.

Whatever you say there, my friend! Drink up!

LOL thats a good one....

NOTICE: GENERAL MOTORS IS NO LONGER A PUBLICALLY OWNED US CORPORATION.

Just thought I would let you guys know as most of you seem to forget that all they kept was the name....the bondholders, debtors and shareholders are all gone. The joystick is now in D.C. and anyone who knows anything about the auto industry is no longer in charge of anything.

Can we all do the Volt dance.....now???
crackmeup2.gif

Do you always just make up excuses or are you really that afraid of the truth.

Do you always see conspiracies in everything, or are you really...

...I can't think of a second thing. But seriously, not everything is a conspiracy.

Whatever you say there, my friend! Drink up!

LOL thats a good one....

Oh you should know...being from Chicago....thats how its done.

Well, like I said in my previous post that someone felt it necessary to remove (wow, someone sure is sensitive about Toyota) it's LIES, ALL LIES! It's not Toyotas fault. It's just GM propaganda! This is just crazy! There is no way Toyota made a bunch of junk! Impossible!! LIES!! LIES!!! LIES!!!

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Do you always see conspiracies in everything, or are you really...

...I can't think of a second thing. But seriously, not everything is a conspiracy.

No...but the government has never attacked an automaker like this before. It is unprecidented. The current adm in Dc is attacking banks, auto companies, insurance companies, pretty much everybody they don't like. I don't want to get political but this is very unusual and the guys doing the attacking have a big stake in GM & Chrysler.

Not a coincidence IMO.

The joystick is now in D.C. and anyone who knows anything about the auto industry is no longer in charge of anything.

According to some reports, having people in charge that know nothing about the car industry is not a new problem.

LOL at PT1....what is it with you man?

Theres only one little problem with your conspricay theory.....TOYOTA actually DOES have an issue with UA and they actually DID try to cover it up.

No one is making this stuff up, dont get mad at the competition for taking advantage. And oh yeah, how exactly does a private insurance company fit into the equation. Did they accept cash or other incentive from GM to file false reports?

And one other thing, GM didn't keep the name. Research further, the name did change, but you knowing the car industry so well, you already knew that right? That was just a typo on your part I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back