Spraying WD40 on arthritic joints??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stranger things has been used. Pain is a thing that will cause people to try crazy stuff. Placebo is my vote.

That summed up my thoughts exactly, but the guy claimed it heled so placebo or whatever, more power to him. I would not try it though. IMO he is slowly poisoning himself. Having arthritis myself I used to pop ibuprofen like tic tacs, finally weaned myself off of them and find that just plain exercise and going on daily walks helps more than anything.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
You've only got part of it. The story is that you put DMSO or ground up aspirin on the knee, spray it with WD-40 and then rub it in.

DMSO is a long time product used for such things. Heres what an MD web site says:

DMSO has been used as an industrial solvent since the mid-1800s. From about the mid-20th century, researchers have explored its use as an anti-inflammatory agent.
The FDA has approved DMSO as a prescription medication for treating symptoms of painful bladder syndrome. It's also used under medical supervision to treat several other conditions, including shingles.
DMSO is easily absorbed by the skin. It's sometimes used to increase the body's absorption of other medications.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Total baloney.
You are far too kind, the words I use to describe it would probably get me banned from this site 4 ever. LOL!

Ha ha ..love that gif!..how about turpentine for swollen joints..heard that remedy before

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
That must do the kidneys and liver wonders.
01.gif

West Indian people do this. I worked at a hardware store and they would buy gallon cans to send back home. Even had a few customers ask to order 55 GAL drum. Never did though

I have add my story....my uncle and dad both used wd 40 on joint pain and swore by it , both lived to 89 years old...myself I haven't tried it , not sure I will , but I guess if the pain is bad enough you just might try anything

Try rubbing or a poultice of castor oil instead. They have been using that for thousands of years and it really does work. Much cheaper too .

Originally Posted By: tc1446
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
You've only got part of it. The story is that you put DMSO or ground up aspirin on the knee, spray it with WD-40 and then rub it in.

DMSO is a long time product used for such things. Heres what an MD web site says:

DMSO has been used as an industrial solvent since the mid-1800s. From about the mid-20th century, researchers have explored its use as an anti-inflammatory agent.
The FDA has approved DMSO as a prescription medication for treating symptoms of painful bladder syndrome. It's also used under medical supervision to treat several other conditions, including shingles.
DMSO is easily absorbed by the skin. It's sometimes used to increase the body's absorption of other medications.

Yes, DMSO is being used to speed, or even enable getting medications tow work transdermally. I've got some, don't use it for anything, just that I've got some.

Put it on your finger, and rub on the soles of your feet, and within minutes the garlic taste is in your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back