Spotted a very old car at an Express Oil Change shop today

Spotted a very old car at an Express Oil Change shop today. I wonder how many quarts does it take ?

Attachments

• 60CE8B4C-66D6-45A9-99C4-7CBC80125976.png
    60CE8B4C-66D6-45A9-99C4-7CBC80125976.png
    650.5 KB · Views: 587
I’m sorry to see a classic like that in one of those places. Most people that own classics would change their own oil. Maybe they just needed to get it done quickly though.

I would bet it belongs to the owner of the shop and he parked it in there.

I'm betting this is the case. Ultimate bait car.

"Bait car" is a tactic used by every quick lube I have worked for or been familiar with. Having a vehicle visibly in the shop seems to drum up business when things are slow. If it's dead, they pull an employee car or two in to look like they are working on vehicles, and sure enough people will come in.

When I clicked on this thread I expected to see a very old car, just not one that old! Ha!

Last edited:
Agree that it isn’t just s customer car - it’s the owners, or it is being ‘borrowed’ as a prop to draw attention to the shop

Did you guys notice that they charge $2 to check the tire pressure - 'CASH ONLY'? Good lord, what has this world come to?

Did you guys notice that they charge $2 to check the tire pressure - 'CASH ONLY'? Good lord, what has this world come to?

They must have had an annoying daily air visitor. When I worked at a Jiffy Lube there was a guy who would show up practically daily to get free air for his beat up Daewoo wagon. The manager finally just let the guy use an air hose himself so he wouldn't tie up an employee.

We used to do it for free if someone would ask. Then my coworker broke a valve stem and the manager said no more free air ever unless they are having work done here.

I would never take that vehicle to a Express Oil Change. It needs a good independent mechanic with the owner standing over it watching every move.

Back