Spektrum Internet Sux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having bad internet is the equal of having a bad phone line in the old days.
Meaning, something is wrong in your area, home or equipment settings depending if it is just you or if it includes others nearby.

We have Spectrum and even though I HATE them for the retarded priced of $66 a month, our internet speed is higher then advertised almost all the time, if not all the time.
Usually never less then 100 down and 12 up and sometimes over 110 down and the same slow 12 up.

As a bonus, our electric company is running fiber and will be available around summer for $49.95 100 up and 100 down.

Our local power company here in the mountains is also a fiber fed cable TV and internet provider. We, and our neighbors, all have fiber service drops buried from our homes to the ground power transformer and coiled up ready for use. The problem is they never added the fiber when placing the power. The sub-duct for pulling the fiber is already in place. We've tried talking to the power company asking them to place the fiber so we can hopefully get some type of reliable service for both TV and internet. So far, no luck. They claimed it would cost $10k to provision us. There are twelve families willing to purchase the services. Just a swag (plug any number in), but at say $125/month, times twelve families, times twelve months, equals $18k/year. They would theoretically recover their placement costs in seven months (quicker with a higher monthly rate) after installation and operating income increasing by $18k/year (or more) going forward. What am I missing here?

Spectrum is simply the old Time Warner with a new name. Not a very pleasant company to deal with. dumped them a good 10 years ago when Windstream became an option. Still get mail every week from Spectrum wanting us to switch back.LOL! No way am I going back to those crooks.

I am well aware. My company has a very similar name, almost the same and we get a lot of people that search facebook for Spectrum internet so they can rant and we pop up so we get to hear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back