Special Challenger Wrecked

A friend of mines wife wrecked here commuter car the other day. Thankfully the insurance company isn't going to total it. It might not be a Demon but it's still kind of special. Her Commuter is an "Angry Bee" aka The Challenger 1320. It was still in showroom condition (not prepped for Stock Eliminator Racing) excepting the rear tires (the drag radials were not the best in the rain and didn't last very long) and it did have the $2 "Soccer Mom" Package. IE Passenger & Rear Seat. I'm glad to see it will survive.

PS Someone ran a stop sign on the side of the highway. It wasn't her fault.

There will be diminished value on the car now that it has had what sounds like a serious hit. She needs the insurance company to come good on that. Example, if the repair was $10,000, that is at least a $3500 diminished value.

Since this could be a collectors car in the future, that hit may have reduced that car value by the amount of the hit...or more.

Not good news.

PS I appraise trade-in cars at our dealership.

There will be diminished value on the car now that it has had what sounds like a serious hit. She needs the insurance company to come good on that. Example, if the repair was $10,000, that is at least a $3500 diminished value.

Since this could be a collectors car in the future, that hit may have reduced that car value by the amount of the hit...or more.

Not good news.

When I was rear-ended in my Sonata a few years ago, the standard they said for diminished value was 25% of the repair cost. I fought for 40% and they did it but probably only because the repair was only like $2,600.

Not good news.

Correct, although on my 370Z, I was not hit for it on trade- in, but i still sued for it and got it, as I of course thought I would be penalized.

Back