Spark Plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by clinebarger
I've pulled original plugs out of these past 250K....In a non-corrosive environment, It's not an issue!

#8 is fun on a Suburban with rear Heat & A/C! Seat the plug wires on the spark plugs first....Then the coils!

Use Delco Iridium plugs & Delco plug wires. Your 'Burb takes 2 different plug wires depending on the Ignition Coils you have......Long ones for Hitachi coils & Short ones for the Delco coils. Most dealers & part stores will sell the long wires regardless making the job look hacked-up if you have Delco coils.

LS3 plug wires GM# 19351593 ACD# 748RR fits GMT-800 Delco Coils perfectly! Better than the OE wires even, They are red in color if it matters. WILL NOT fit trucks/SUV's with Hitachi coils.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
I've pulled original plugs out of these past 250K....In a non-corrosive environment, It's not an issue!

#8 is fun on a Suburban with rear Heat & A/C! Seat the plug wires on the spark plugs first....Then the coils!

Use Delco Iridium plugs & Delco plug wires. Your 'Burb takes 2 different plug wires depending on the Ignition Coils you have......Long ones for Hitachi coils & Short ones for the Delco coils. Most dealers & part stores will sell the long wires regardless making the job look hacked-up if you have Delco coils.

LS3 plug wires GM# 19351593 ACD# 748RR fits GMT-800 Delco Coils perfectly! Better than the OE wires even, They are red in color if it matters. WILL NOT fit trucks/SUV's with Hitachi coils.

I dunno why but if I change plugs sooner than required/recommended; my cars always seem to run better. Yes 250 k sounds great...

After the advance coupon code and the mail in rebate they were only a couple bucks a plug. I bought new wires off amazon (ac delco) and ran a bottle of redline through it and the car runs like new. Idle is so moth you can barely hear it.

Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by D1dad
I just used autolite irridiums in my 08 impala 3.9 and have no complaints. I did wonder if the originals were installed with an impact though. I was a little worried that I'd be pulling the head trying to get the last one out but it came thank goodness. My GM tech said the autolites work well with GM engines and so far everything seems the same as the oem plugs.

I normally use OE plugs but I have used Autolite Iridiums in a couple of Ford Duratecs (a 2.0 and a 2.3) with no issues....they seem like good plugs at a good price.

Originally Posted by A_Spruce

Question for you, should the wires be changed with the plugs? Sorry for the Newb question, but my mechanical knowledge is over 30 years old. Back in the day, you just changed everything out, today seems to take a more surgical approach.

You will most likely damage the wires while removing them.

Originally Posted by willbur

I dunno why but if I change plugs sooner than required/recommended; my cars always seem to run better. Yes 250 k sounds great...

I've seen the Iridiums run in LSx engines for 200k with little to no difference in performance. The OP having the original Platinum's.....He may notice an improvement?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back