Soups: which ones do you folks love to make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally love lentil, and ham and bean soup. I make chili in my Dutch oven with great grandmas recipe. How about you folks?

P.S. I use my crock pot often for some soups
smile.gif

anyone else have to re read the title of this thread 3-4 times, b/c their brain kept reading "Soups" as "Sopus"... and i couldn't figure out who was making a Shell oil at home...

... it's late...that's my excuse anyway..

Latest is hot and sour soup with lotsa mushrooms, some peppers and vinegar, tofu scallions,mushroom stock and egg. I add vegies. Used to love Ham and bean soup. Vegie chili. pasta fazool. Bouillabaisse has been built in my mind many times, but I haven't seen a recipe simple enough for my skill set.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I personally love lentil, and ham and bean soup. I make chili in my Dutch oven with great grandmas recipe. How about you folks?

P.S. I use my crock pot often for some soups
smile.gif

Whatever soup my wife makes.

I can make a mean RED Lentil soup. Its actually very easy to make and cheap. I throw in some Tumeric Cercumin vitamins and it comes out good but will stain anything yellow!
I also like to make Pasta e [censored] every now and then. Most online recipes work fine and its hard to screw up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by andyd
Latest is hot and sour soup with lotsa mushrooms, some peppers and vinegar, tofu scallions,mushroom stock and egg. I add vegies. Used to love Ham and bean soup. Vegie chili. pasta fazool. Bouillabaisse has been built in my mind many times, but I haven't seen a recipe simple enough for my skill set.
grin2.gif

Is there an easy recipe for this? I love the hot and sour soup at my local Chinese place but I'm sure it's terribly unhealthy. I'd love to try it myself

https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/hot-and-sour-soup/ This wasn't the exact one I used but close enough.. All the ingredients were found in my local supermkt. I boosted up the hot with pickled jalapeno slices and a few tablespoon of their vinegar for the sour. The mushrooms were just medium sized buttons and I used mushroom stock instead of vegie or chicken stock. I'm trying to eat more vedgies and less meat.Tofu is like a sponge.it is more texture than taste it is so bland It disappears into a spaghetti sauce but gives it a texture.
grin2.gif

My favorite soups are very basic. I don't care much for creamy type soups such as chowders or cream of(you pick). I can eat'em but, just not may fav.

I like good homemade chicken soup with carrots, celery, onion & spinach and real chicken broth if possible and Pastina or Ditalini.

But my overall favorite is homemade Italian Wedding Soup with light amount of tomato & tiny meatballs and Orzo(Rosa' Marina).

Lest we not forget Greens & Beans with Italian Sausage. I call this a soup as well.

And don't forget the good bread!
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The hot and sour soup comment reminded me of another favorite.

Sizzling rice soup. Now that stuff is the ticket in a cold day.

"I love 'em all---except liver"

Just made a hambone soup featuring bacon, cabbage and vegetables. It was excellent.

N.Y.Times recipe.

I mention something and my sister shoots me recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back