Some people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
(from Twitter)..Reason #172 why I don't like eating out/at other people's places. Hand washing in my house is not optional. There's a reason that hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap is there, use it.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
My local gym made me a foot flusher. It's absolutely disgusting how many people I see at the gym and work that don't flush and/or wash their hands (and have their phones in their hands while taking a leak and still not wash their hands.)

Had to look her up, so, not sure what her opinion counts for? Is she really popular and has sway over what people think? I'm sure I could go looking around and find no lack of outrageous statements on the web.

I'm not sure if I care too much anymore, it's good practice to wash, but even better practice is a) don't touch your mouth, and b) wash your hands before you eat. Combine all three and... you'll still catch colds & flu, so maybe it doesn't matter that much.

Originally Posted by supton
Had to look her up, so, not sure what her opinion counts for? Is she really popular and has sway over what people think? I'm sure I could go looking around and find no lack of outrageous statements on the web.

I'm not sure if I care too much anymore, it's good practice to wash, but even better practice is a) don't touch your mouth, and b) wash your hands before you eat. Combine all three and... you'll still catch colds & flu, so maybe it doesn't matter that much.

Well, she does write for an online mag..so there's that. I just found it disgusting that someone could say that.. and yes, she did actually have people agreeing with her. So that tells me she's not an outlier in this opinion. (seeing hand washing as unnecessary)

Ugh...

Last edited:
Urine and sweat are sterile. It's the the skin that isn't.

This is probably a joke to gain publicity or something even if there are quite a few nasty specimen in our species.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by supton

Well, she does write for an online mag..so there's that. I just found it disgusting that someone could say that.. and yes, she did actually have people agreeing with her. So that tells me she's not an outlier in this opinion. (seeing hand washing as unnecessary)

Ugh...

>300M people in our country, not surprising that she'd find someone to agree with her. Again, it's just a fringe opinion.

Oh well, time to sit back and see if this "goes viral". The fireworks might be impressive.

Heck, I did the same thing as an instructor. I didn't want to get dry erase marker on my wedding tackle.

Originally Posted by Smoky14
Being a life long mechanic, I wash before I pee.
Smoky

Originally Posted by Donald
Although urine is sterile. Its everything else you touch in a bathroom that are covered in germs.

Example: The belt holding up your pants.

---After spending some time at the seat of ease who washes their hands before they zip up their pants and buckle their belt? Answer: Nobody

Originally Posted by Donald
Although urine is sterile. Its everything else you touch in a bathroom that are covered in germs.

Indeed.

I worked in a place where I dealt with doctors and nurses in a non-clinical enviromnent...some of the stuff I saw
sick.gif
You'd think people with medical training of all people would know better. One doctor in particular would go through his Blackberry while taking care of business and then leave without washing.
sick.gif
again.

You will likely get more germs washing than not.

What the first thing some one touches when coming out the toilet?

Faucet handles. Whats the last thing you turn off? Faucet handles.

CONTAMINATED big time .

I have dry skin, so no sanitizer for me - plus most have
perfumes that make me incredibly naseous.

What works is

Push Open the restroom door with my shoulder,

do the urinal ritual

then grab a paper towel and open the door handle with the towel.

If not Ill wait till someone else comes in and then Ill scoot out.

If I have to use the sink, Ill turn on the faucet with my elbow.
_____

Still get about one cold a year but no nasty bacterial gut bugs when i make my own lunch.

Eating out it seems like one in four meals I get a bug.

We have a dirty house. Keeps the immune system cranking.

Smoky

I always thought it a good idea to wash before peeing, self preservation. Washing after is for others preservation.

What gets me are the ones who run their fingertips under the water for .3 seconds pretending they are washing their hands. Seriously, either wash or don't. You're not fooling anyone!

Originally Posted by Inspecktor
Smoky

I always thought it a good idea to wash before peeing, self preservation. Washing after is for others preservation.

The Analytical Chem E at our startup in Wilmington

always washed FIRST and LAST

But on my last day I broke out the anhydrous Ethanol and had a shot.

That stuff was AWESOME!

Najlepsza Wódka .... Istniejący

+1 on the wash hands before you go. Lucky to be raised that way.

As a biologist working in the healthcare industry, please note that urine is not sterile. https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gory-details/urine-not-sterile-and-neither-rest-you Therefore, your junk is never clean.

Washing regularly only keeps germs to a minimum, giving your immune system a better chance to stay ahead. Exposure to germs helps build up your immunity, but it's a big gray area as to the amount (quantity-wise) exposure helps increase immunity vs results in infection. Hence why the vaccines industry involves tons of research and money; no two people (even genetically identical) have the same immune response.

That twitter poster is ignorant at the very least.

Smoky

Being in healthcare, I also wash my hands before I use the toilet/urinal and after. I tie my scrub pants after I wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back