Solstice observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year's Winter Solstice occurs at 0608 UT, which means 2208 PST, not very long from now.
Even though the days begin to get longer as the sun reaches the Tropic of Capricorn and begins the slow journey back to the Tropic of Cancer(assuming a geocentric view of things, of course)the worst weather is usually still ahead.
The sun will be around for about 8 hours and 25 minutes (in these parts), as opposed to the Summer Solstice, when it will set almost 16 hours after it rises.
The temperature outside here 40F at 2150 and reached a high of 41F.
Last year the high was 52F and the low was 37F. It was rainging then (surprise), but the sky tonight is clear for now.
All this is mostly indicative of the profound boredom I'm currently experiencing.

Dayum Mark, I missed the start of Winter by 10 minutes. Please give us a heads up sooner next year.

It's 39F here and might even freeze tonight and I'm obviously bored too.

Hey, pal ...I got your pagan ritual RIGHT HERE!!!
spankme2.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: MarkC
. . .
The sun will be around for about 8 hours and 25 minutes (in these parts), as opposed to the Summer Solstice, when it will set almost 16 hours after it rises.
The temperature outside here 40F at 2150 and reached a high of 41F.
Last year the high was 52F and the low was 37F. It was rainging then (surprise), but the sky tonight is clear for now. . . .

Mark, m'man, please send us some of that cool air. The Swamp's due to hit 77 today. Cooler tomorrow and Monday, but back up in the flippin' 70s by Wednesday. (I could vomit, and may.)

All together now, to the tune of "Winter Wonderland":

"Later on, we'll perspire --
"(Is that A/C? Turn it higher!)
"We'll drive and we'll grump
"O'er potholes and bumps --
"Sweating in a sticky swampy land!"

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
I thought this would be a Pontiac critique ..
12.gif

They did mention the Sky and Saturanalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back