So I picked this up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this little nugget of intake cleaning goodness from Amazon today. Can't wait to try it out, it's induction method so no diluting... nice thing is I can reuse the bottle and set up with any cleaner.

product info

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
That looks interesting. You just have to be careful using it in a dry flow ( GDI) intake. I worry about pooling then hydrolocking if it pools anywhere in the intake and you step on the gas. I have used the CRC product, but not the whole can, and i kept the revs down under 3k for several miles.

I do like the idea that you could put something else in the can! Maybe kreen as discussed in an earlier thread for GDI engines.

Originally Posted by OilReport99
Is that a PEA based cleaner?

I don't think so, its a strong brew of solvents, but they clean. In my MPFI engines, i run a tank with b-12 dumped in the tank, then a follow up tank with a bottle of techron I do that before an oil change.

Originally Posted by spasm3

I don't think so, its a strong brew of solvents, but they clean. In my MPFI engines, i run a tank with b-12 dumped in the tank, then a follow up tank with a bottle of techron I do that before an oil change.

Originally Posted by spasm3

Correct and that's what I'm doing. I'm due to change the oil out next weekend so I thought it would be a good time to give this a try. In the future I think I will refill the can with a PEA based cleaner but using this mix of solvents should give the valves on my PI engine a good cleaning. The instructions say that the provided "T", which has a open hole, is dialed to meter and atomize the solution so as not to stall.. like I've had happen to me just spraying directly into the intake form a can. The instructions go on to say that at normal idle it should take between 8~10mins to empty out the can. I'm gonna do it with my son next weekend so I can have him behind the wheel to give the engine some throttle if needed but I'm hoping it goes as planned/described and that won't be necessary. Then we'll do the oil change once the cans emptied out and go for a nice long drive. That's the plan anyhow...

I plan wash all the plastic in a tub of soapy water afterwards and fill up the can with some MMO I have on hand to prevent corrosion until it's needed next winter/spring. Truth be told I really wanted the can and jig setup for use with other cleaners but I'll take the Berryman's. I thought about making my own setup..but meh, I decided I was too lazy for that and the price for this wasn't that bad

Last edited:
What did that kit cost? It seems like it could provide some benefit over pour in products.

What did that kit cost? It seems like it could provide some benefit over pour in products.

Originally Posted by pbm

That's my thinking pbm.. undiluted cleaners.

Sorry yes, about $13 on Amazon. It's not a bad deal.. you'd pay about half that just for the can of Berryman's Total and you can reuse the setup over and over.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BAJA_05
What vehicle are you using it in there Huckleberry?

You know Baja..I'm really not interested in conversing with you until you can learn to conduct yourself like an adult on this forum. I really don't need anymore unprovoked, profanity laced private messages from you. And fwiw, anyone who's followed my posts knows what I drive and have driven, so I'm not going to indulge your childish antics, thank you.

Have a great rest of your day...
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

You know Baja..I'm really not interested in conversing with you until you can learn to conduct yourself like an adult on this forum. I really don't need anymore unprovoked, profanity laced private messages from you. And fwiw, anyone who's followed my posts knows what I drive and have driven, so I'm not going to indulge your childish antics, thank you.

[Linked Image]

Imagine having to care so much about a particular brand and what other people drive.
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Skippy722

[Linked Image]

Imagine having to care so much about a particular brand and what other people drive.
crazy2.gif

Ikr lol

Originally Posted by Skippy722

crazy2.gif

+1.. right! Guess some people just have way too much time on their hands.
21.gif

Originally Posted by pbm

That's my thinking pbm.. undiluted cleaners.

Sorry yes, about $13 on Amazon. It's not a bad deal.. you'd pay about half that just for the can of Berryman's Total and you can reuse the setup over and over.

Several years ago a mechanic friend gave me a similar product (I can't remember the brand but it wasn't Berryman's). I ran it through my Buick's 3.1 (along with spray cleaning the TB)..that Buick ran like new afterwards. I think I'll order one of these kits....Thanks for the heads up.

I remember using this some 20 years ago on an old Mercedes - a classmate whose parents owned a shop handed one to me(the 3-step kit). The tubing is made to meter the amount of liquid going in - but it's based on B-12 Chemtool.

For a problem child GDI engine, this might not be a good idea.

Originally Posted by nthach
I remember using this some 20 years ago on an old Mercedes - a classmate whose parents owned a shop handed one to me(the 3-step kit). The tubing is made to meter the amount of liquid going in - but it's based on B-12 Chemtool.

For a problem child GDI engine, this might not be a good idea.

Yeah, that's what the product insert says. I'm gonna keep it anyways and see if it'll work with something like Gumout. Maybe it will, maybe it won't...

And yes, if I had a GDI where the valves don't get hit directly by fuel spray..I would consider doing this. Helluva lot cheaper than having a shop clean em.. and they'd probably just do something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back