SN+ use when not spec'd by Hyundai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by domer10
Originally Posted by STIcandy
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Use a current SN Plus oil that's Dexos certified. 5W20/30 would be best served. Thinner in winters / Thicker in spring, summer and fall.
Best to also use Premium Top-tier gas.
Lastly, best to stick with OEM Hyundai oil filters.

Why SN+ if LSPI isn't an issue? I recently tried 2 tanks of premium fuel to the tune of an additional $20 each, with absolutely zero improvements in L/100kms. I can't justify the cost if it gets me no returns. I do however buy OEM filters.

You people don't understand the important aspects of premium fuels or no ethanol do you. So you don't notice any change in the performance, but if you look at the internals of a engine run sans ethanol or premium over its life, you people would change your tune. Kills me when I see comments about "well I didn't feel any extra hp, or gas mileage. Go watch how much cleaner a non ethanol fuel burns compared to lower octane/ethanol blend.

-Where do I go to watch it?

Use a current SN Plus oil that's Dexos certified. 5W20/30 would be best served. Thinner in winters / Thicker in spring, summer and fall.

Why SN+ if LSPI isn't an issue? I recently tried 2 tanks of premium fuel to the tune of an additional $20 each, with absolutely zero improvements in L/100kms. I can't justify the cost if it gets me no returns. I do however buy OEM filters.

You people don't understand the important aspects of premium fuels or no ethanol do you. So you don't notice any change in the performance, but if you look at the internals of a engine run sans ethanol or premium over its life, you people would change your tune. Kills me when I see comments about "well I didn't feel any extra hp, or gas mileage. Go watch how much cleaner a non ethanol fuel burns compared to lower octane/ethanol blend.

Other than one fuel at one station, ethanol free is not an option in Canada.

Just some food for thought on obsessive compulsive about oil. My sister just drove back from great wolf lodge tonight with her oil light on....not the first time that's happened. She stopped by, I added 2.5 qts and she'll run it till it happens again. I'm sure her car will pass someone here going up the side of a mountain heading towards Florida in 5 yrs.

domer10 : Why not just run a bottle of Techron every 3K to 5K miles instead of premium (high octane) gas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back