Slow Modem download

May not be the case, but this isn't unlikely... When they first provisioned his modem, presumably after he got it installed, they pushed the "right" configuration file. Overnight, their system may have checked his modem and for some reason, pushed the wrong configuration file. I've had something similar happen and others have indicated it's happened to them. What happened was I upgraded my speed and the rep provisioned the modem while I was on the phone. Do a speed test and all looks well. Overnight, the system pushes back the old configuration (as if it's not aware that I upgraded speed 🤷‍♂️ ). In fact, at that time, if you owned your own modem, you could access the modem's internal webserver and see the config data and that's how I caught that they re-provisioned it incorrectly.

Hence my query about him being able to view the stats/config. That would be quite useful here.

Most ISPs have blocked that now. I can't even view that data on my own modem (that I own).

Most ISPs have blocked that now. I can't even view that data on my own modem (that I own).

Interesting, I can still view it on mine. I know other members have been able to view theirs, as I've seen them post it in the past. Who is your ISP?

Time Warner / Spectrum. They did this change while it was still Time Warner, as I recall.

I checked the download speed at various times during the night and there was no change so that idea is put to rest.
Later today I will try to look at MY modems internal webserver config data. I am far exceeding my knowledge in this area Hall and OVERKILL. Thank you and I will be back later. Ed

I went to Settings>network and internet and there is a drop-down menu on my modem setup values? I wonder if I can cut& paste any information that would be useful.

Where are you getting these settings ? You need to access your cable modem through it's web interface. Open a web browser and in the address bar, type 192.168.100.1, hit Enter. Does it let you in ? If that address doesn't work, Google the number to use for your specific model.

"Configure the modem/router. Type http:/192.168.0.1 enter" "Enter User name and password. I changed the user name & password as suggested so I wouldn't need to change am Alexa Dots etc.

Good Buckeyes. My boss was the Chairman of the Physics dept at OSU for 23 years. Got to hit the sack now.
Thank you so much for hanging with me on this Hall. Sincerely Ed Hayes

If you can post a few screenshots of the statistics screens we might be able to get a better handle on what the situation is. Is there a screen that shows you information about the cable connection? May be labelled as DOCSIS.

I think you're looking at 'settings' that Windows has related to WiFi, not the cable modem internals. It's giving you IP addresses for your computer, gateway, DNS, etc, right ?

I think I will attempt to get on the line to Comcast and try to get them to reset/configure my modem. It did work for some short time correctly before falling back to the 5mb/s slowness. I didn't shut the modem down or change anything on my end to cause a problem. The last ime I called Comcast I was passed around to 4 different groups over a 4 hour phone call. I will get back with the results. Thank you Ed Hayes

You are correct Hall Setting are related to WIFI.
After you log into the modem/router, click "Advanced" at the top:

rw0vr75.png

and then go to Status --> Connection:

7TOO0Eg.png

Back